Is my cat a persian?

chilla78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is my cat a doll-faced persian? Or a persian mix? She's a recent rescue and knowing a little bit about her breed would be good to know! We don't particularly care what she is, she's precious no matter what!

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's really pretty! I like her knowing expression. What's her name?

Without any additional information about your cat's history, I would describe her as a calico domestic longhair. You could describe her pattern as "van pattern" since it appears that she is mostly white with color on the head (and probably on the tail).

I don't think she is likely to be a doll-faced Persian. Although doll-faced Persians aren't as flat-faced as other Persians, they do normally have other obvious Persian characteristics such as very heavy coat, heavy boning in the legs, very stocky body style, etc.

As for whether she is a Persian mix, it's possible, but we can't determine this for sure from just looking at her picture. Her muzzle is a bit broad and short, but still within normal range for a domestic cat... so it's hard to say if her head type would indicate a bit of Persian ancestry, or ancestry from some other breed with a shorter than average head style, or whether it's just normal variation that we see in domestic cats. Most cats are not any particular breed.

In any case, she is a beautiful cat, and I agree with you -- precious no matter what! :redheartpump:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, she is a BEAUTY! :)