Is my cat a Maine Coon?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharon budd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is brodie and ella nearly 13 wks old brodie is the 1 on the back on the table hes bigger than his sister would any 1 know if hes a maine coon by looking at him

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without the papers to prove it or lineage, they would be classified as Domestic Long Haired or DLH.  Maine Coons are a naturally occurring breed so my guess is that yes, they could definitely have Maine Coon in them. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This is brodie and ella nearly 13 wks old brodie is the 1 on the back on the table hes bigger than his sister would any 1 know if hes a maine coon by looking at him
Hi Sharon,

I am a maine coon breeder
Are you from Kent in England or Canada ?

You have two very beautiful kittens :D Their colours and patterns would be called brown mackerel tabby and white.
Without any registration papers they would be classed as domestic longhairs. It is true that Maine coons are a naturally occurring breed in America, but unfortunately NOT in the UK.

It's very hard to tell with kittens what they will look like as adults, as their face shape keeps changing as they are growing so fast. From the pictures although they do have some maine coon traits, their muzzles seem rather narrow and slim for a maine coon at the moment. Although this might change as they get older. I think only time will tell, when they are a bit older and have more of their final adult look. ;)

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Sharon, your two adorable babies look just like my Sasha ( my avatar at the moment ) when she was their age. People ask me if she is a Maine coon or a forest cat but she is just a beautiful rescue moggy. Yours are sweetie pies. :heart4:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharon budd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank u 2 people that have replied to me they are lovely and so full of energy