Is my cat a Chausie/Abyssinian? Any guesses?

HolySalmon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I crossed paths with Fernis at my local shelter during a kitten adoption event. We connected immediately and I took him home. Needless to say, he is extremely unique looking. He’s about 5 months old now, and already weighs 10 pounds. I started doing some research on cat breeds because I’ve just never seen anything like him before. He has a solid stripe rather than a typical “M”, and his markings are only on his underside. He is extremely smart and cuddly, but also very active and playful. Certain parts of his coat have cinnamon undertones, while other parts have cool hues with frosted hair tips. He’s even got giant ear tufts. I can’t seem to wrap my head around what he could be. My best guest is a naturally occurring chausie/poljun look-a-like, or maybe some distant Abyssinian ancestry? I’m excited to see how his coat develops into adult hood

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HolySalmon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A gorgeous black ticked tabby domestic shorthair. Like the vast majority of cats, no particular breed or mix of breeds :)
That’s what they had him listed as when I adopted him. They kept saying his “Mohawk” was very unique. I couldn’t find anything online about what makes the M turn into a solid stripe. Just that specific purebred cats seemed to have them. That’s what got me wondering. Either way he sure is beautiful

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s what they had him listed as when I adopted him. They kept saying his “Mohawk” was very unique. I couldn’t find anything online about what makes the M turn into a solid stripe. Just that specific purebred cats seemed to have them. That’s what got me wondering. Either way he sure is beautiful
That’s just how ticked tabby scarabs (M’s) look :)

here’s my solid red boy making ticked tabby, though his isn’t as solid as your boy’s

EF2FC9FB-308F-437B-B00B-577BAA5AF93E.jpeg