Is Meme A Mix Of Parisian And Himalayan Breed?

Meme chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello:kneading:
we adopted "meme" in spring of 2018 :lovecat: we were told she's a Parisian breed, i was wondering if shes mix of Parisian and Himalayan ? or not ?
some people told me she looks like Shiraz cat more, or a mix of chinchilla and shiraz
she has unique hair color: the majority is dark grey and light grey and small areas of yellow hair scattered.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Himalayan" is just what colorpointed Persian cats are called in the US. Some other countries consider them to be Persians.

Your kitty is a dilute tortoiseshell domestic longhair. She may have some Persian heritage because her muzzle is shorter than average, but she doesn't appear to be purebred Persian. Very pretty!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to have some Persian features yes. Without any papers we can just guess at what breeds she resembles. She does resemble a Persian due to the shorter nose. But that means literally nothing. Most cats in the world are just Domestic and not a true mix of any specific breed. Therefore you have a Domestic Longhair who appears to be a diluted tortoiseshell in color. Beautiful!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s so pretty! Without having pedigree papers, she would be considered a dilute tortie Domestic Longhair, but with her flat facial profile, I do think that she could have some Persian ancestry. Himalayan is just what we call colorpointed Persians. If you’re really curious, you could get her DNA tested to see if she has genetic similarities to the Persian breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meme chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you very much for your replies
it's good to know about different breeds am learning something new everyday
first time i hear about diluted tortoiseshell i had to google it
meme is pretty and special cat i am lucky to have her
i thought i could change her life by taking her in but it was the other way around
:thanks: