Is Lostmykitty.com Legit?

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, as some of you may have seen, my cat, Cupid, has been missing since September 25. I made an earlier post about the matter and I’ve received some great advice. Here’s the thread if you’re interested: My outdoor cat is still in my neighborhood but won’t come home. Please help.

So while scrolling through Google, I found a site called Lostmykitty.com. I looked at it but going in I had suspicions. Before I trust these guys with the info about my best bud, I want to know if they have a proven track record as they claim or not.

The past month has been my worst nightmare turned reality and I want it over ASAP. Plus, he has a little brother being adopted soon, and I’m hoping he can come home to meet him and be back where he belongs. Thank you.

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's hard to find accurate information about any internet service. I did a search for reviews of lostmykitty and almost everything that came up was reviews on their own website. They do not have a listing with the Better Business Bureau.

There is a company called PetAmberAlert dot com that has a number of complaints on BBB. I can't find anything that shows the two companies are related. However, lostmykitty has a paid "amber alert" plan that offers the same services (with the same wording/claims).

I would stick with local rescues if you have one in your area that has a pet lost-and-found program.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know several people who have had success with Dogs Finding Dogs organization. (It's not just for lost dogs. They will search for any lost pet).
Home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's hard to find accurate information about any internet service. I did a search for reviews of lostmykitty and almost everything that came up was reviews on their own website. They do not have a listing with the Better Business Bureau.

There is a company called PetAmberAlert dot com that has a number of complaints on BBB. I can't find anything that shows the two companies are related. However, lostmykitty has a paid "amber alert" plan that offers the same services (with the same wording/claims).

I would stick with local rescues if you have one in your area that has a pet lost-and-found program.
Alright. Is there anything in BBB for Dogs finding Dogs? The other reply suggested that. Same goes for Pawboost, is that credible?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I read through some of the reviews, and they aren’t reassuring. Mostly 1 star reviews claiming the same thing with 2 5 star reviews. I need to be 100% certain they’re a legitimate operation and not a scam before I do anything.
I have used PawBoost before, and know that in my area the county Lost & Found Pet web sites also recommend people who are looking for or have found pets utilize PawBoost as another resource. I know you need more assurance than just coming from me, but I thought I would let you know anyway.

Maybe check with your authorized county/city Lost & Found Pet web sites about their awareness of PawBoost? Or, use contact information from this Boston, MA site?
How to find your lost pet

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest contacting the local shelters and rescues. Post to Pawboost. Pawboost is legit. Pawboost will anonymize you so you get to decide who with and how much personal information to share. And also check to see if your neighborhood is on Nextdoor.com. That would be a great resource as those are your neighbors.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said he's microchipped? You can put an alert on his chip, and some companies have a lost and found network. Of course they should call you if he's scanned somewhere but putting an alert on his chip makes it even more likely that you'll hear from them. So try to find his microchip info (number, company, etc.) and see how they can help.