Is It Safe To Flush World's Best Litter (corn)?

wafflesnomnom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've been flushing this litter along with his poop for 2 years. Sometimes the clumps are like the size of a grapefruit so I drop it from a distance so it breaks apart when it hits the toilet bowl, but otherwise we've had no problems with clogs or odor or anything. The bag itself even says flushable. However, my mom keeps saying it's going to build up and clog our sewage one day and cause a huge flood in the basement. What do you guys think? I don't know anything about pipes, so will it cause a blockage over time? Is it better to not flush it? I don't have a septic tank, just a regular municipal house.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I've found that it works best if you let the clumps sit in the toilet for a few minutes until they disintegrate. Then you can flush without worrying about big clumps getting stuck.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use it at home but if I have to travel and take my cats it's what I use in the hotels. Like GoldyCat, I find that it flushes better if you let it sit in the commode for a minute or two. Personally, I don't really care for it which is why I don't use it at home. However, if I did I would have absolutely no qualms flushing it.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years past I used a litter said to be flushable. It was flushable, but it did clog the sewer line from our apartment building to the public sewer lune under the street. I no longer trust the flushable claims of any litter. It goes out with the trash.