Is it possible for a silver shaded persian kitten to have yellow eyes?

SophiedePolignac17!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! My 4.5 month shaded silver dollface kitten, Olivia, is developing cloudy yellow eyes. Have you ever seen this before? Could she still develop green eyes? I thought all shaded silvers would have either green or blue-green eyes. Olivia's dad has solid L'Dearheart lines and her mother is also have L'Dearheart. Thanks for your input!🐾

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: It would be helpful if you could post a pic of your 4.5 mo. old Persian kitten for us.
posiepurrs posiepurrs is one of our expert Persian breeders who may be able to help answer your question.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree a photo would help, for show purposes eye colour needs to be green, if just a pet it won’t matter if the eyes are a fault.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SophiedePolignac17!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: It would be helpful if you could post a pic of your 4.5 mo. old Persian kitten for us.
posiepurrs posiepurrs is one of our expert Persian breeders who may be able to help answer your question.
Hi Neely, Thank you! I wish I could attach a photo of Olivia, but my phone storage is full and a friend is trying to help me upload them to my computer but we are having difficulties both with the phone and the computer. If it is helpful, her eyes are a light yellow that sometimes look tan and have absolutely no green in them.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a silver can have other than green or blue green eyes if other eye colors are in the pedigree. My first stud was actually a pewter ( a silver with copper eyes and not show quality due to this). This is Spencer( in need of serious grooming) that I mentioned. He is out of a shaded silver and cream breeding. His kittens have had copper, green and hazel eyes. The next 2 are 2 of his kittens.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SophiedePolignac17!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, a silver can have other than green or blue green eyes if other eye colors are in the pedigree. My first stud was actually a pewter ( a silver with copper eyes and not show quality due to this). This is Spencer( in need of serious grooming) that I mentioned. He is out of a shaded silver and cream breeding. His kittens have had copper, green and hazel eyes. The next 2 are 2 of his kittens.
Thank you, Lynda -- your photos are so helpful, too! Olivia's eyes look similar to Spencer's silver child, (though in sunlight her eyes look a bit like spanish olives).
Sabrina