Is it ok?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they obviously have a strong relationship. The mother kitten bond can continue a long time and nursing is more than nutrition. It’s a sense of love and security. I guess my questions would be about the kitten getting proper nutrition and both kitties feeling secure. Do they both get lots of attention, playtime and things that will engage them with others, whether it be human or other cats? Does the kitten have any health issues and is it eating well? A good, nutritious diet? Most Moms do wean their babies much earlier. I have had older ones go in for occasional nursing but it wasn’t a regular thing and Mom often swatted them away. Is mom still producing milk? I would wonder if she doesn’t get a bit tender at times. They look very content in the photo but I would certainly consult my vet at this point just to make sure the kitten isn’t lacking something in the food provided. Making sure it drinks water properly is another thing. Does the kitten understand drinking from a bowl? I would ask my vet. That kitten is nearly as large as Mom. Checking health, nutrition, hydration and the possibility of a need by one or both of more interaction and play with others are the things I would investigate. If all that checks out and the vet finds no problem for either cat then , hopefully, Mom will wean baby eventually.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eating enough to get chubby isn’t exactly what I meant. That’s great that River eats well though. Love the name! :) Some cat foods really don’t have the best ingredients. Cats need good protein and hydration along with some other things. Check the food label and see what is in the food. If you have questions about the ingredients we do have some people here who have done a lot of work researching cat foods and can give you better information on that.
LTS3 LTS3 Can you help here?

canucksfan1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
could be good for the 8 month old?
i know human babies that dont have breast milk develop brains 25% smaller than breast fed babies.

that said that does look odd seeing a full grown cat nursing off mamas titty, probably no big deal man cuz the moms cool with it eh