Is it ok to leave a vet appointment one week late?

livy90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, i just recently got a letter from my vet stating the date for when my kittens next vaccination is, and it was today. But i didnt have the time to go and take him there so me and my partner decided to do it next week. Is this ok or does it really matter on when they need there vaccinations? 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, i just recently got a letter from my vet stating the date for when my kittens next vaccination is, and it was today. But i didnt have the time to go and take him there so me and my partner decided to do it next week. Is this ok or does it really matter on when they need there vaccinations? 
**Edited since these are kitten boosters..... Call the Vet***
A tip..... while in the subject..... Call ahead and see that they have Purevax vaccines.... They have far less reactions including the risk of cancer.... And make sure your vet vaccinates them on the legs, instead of the neck :nod:
Unless they are outside kitties, they do not need FIV or FeLV vaccines either......
Have a good appointment :wavey:

Last edited:

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are the shots the second round of distemper or something? If the shots are the first round or only round of something, then it should be fine. However, second rounds need to be given at a pretty specific time after the first, or you have to get both shots again.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are the shots the second round of distemper or something? If the shots are the first round or only round of something, then it should be fine. However, second rounds need to be given at a pretty specific time after the first, or you have to get both shots again.
Oh, good point, that is true.....
To the OP - true true.... kittens and their boosters do have specific times fro their vaccines..... if this is a booster/second shot. Call the vet and ask if you have to go in today. :wavey:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

livy90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
its the third round =/ 

livy90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i just tried calling my vet just few mins ago but they are closed till tomorrow 9am. Wich i dont understand because its Christmas tomorrow? unless they are opened on Christmas day.. I will try calling again tomorrow morning but if worse comes to worse, we are only going to be able to go on monday.. 
So its my kittens third time there, thats bad? 

livy90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First was given at 8 weeks old which was 9/11/11 
And but his second vac was bit early because he was sick with a flu so the vet gave him a cat flu shot along with a vaccination and that was at 23/11/11 
His third vaccination was on 23rd of this month.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just tried calling my vet just few mins ago but they are closed till tomorrow 9am. Wich i dont understand because its Christmas tomorrow? unless they are opened on Christmas day.. I will try calling again tomorrow morning but if worse comes to worse, we are only going to be able to go on monday.. 

So its my kittens third time there, thats bad? 
Tomorrow is Saturday, Christmas Eve. Christmas is Sunday, this year. :)

livy90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ya its saturday today here. Sorry im in Australia NSW 

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! LOL I should have thought of that. Well..sounds like someone will be available to answer your questions, anyway. Let us know what you find out.