Is It Ok That My 3-month Kitten Running Around Right After Eating?

jane559

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it ok that my 3-month kitten running around right after eating? I am so worried this would upset her stomach...
She runs so much that she pants...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens are bundles of energy. Some want to play after eating, while others will settle down for a nap. Your kitten should be fine, but if you are concerned, see if your kitten will let you hold her for a few minutes after eating.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just trying to see if this thread works for me. If so, will somebody please let me know. I'm having a problem to communicate with some threads. Many thanks.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it ok that my 3-month kitten running around right after eating? I am so worried this would upset her stomach...
She runs so much that she pants...
Agree with kittens having much energhy.

Two remarks:

1. Its not unusual, when they are somewhat constipated and want to poo but cant, they do run a lot... You see its almost desperate...
But It seems to help things going...

2. If she pants visibly, it may be worrying... Its seldom you see them really pant! Unless they are longhair or its very hot...

In common play, or common running, she shouldnt pant. But of course, if she runs much, or or or... Being there you must decide.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is 6 yrs old. She runs around after eating. Even after she uses the litter box
Cats digest their food later in the day