Is It Interrupted Labor?

Black Rook

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, this is my first time having a cat that has gotten pregnant and had kittens so i'm more than a little worried and nervous about everything. My cat Fluffy started to have the discharge at about 9pm yesterday and by 3:30am had one very healthy seeming kitten. Now the problem lies in the fact that she seemed to have maybe one or two more in the womb. I'm not sure if it's kittens for sure but i swear i've felt movement still in her tummy. I'm just really afraid that she has retained a kitten or that maybe the afterbirth hasn't been pushed out. She isn't straining/having contractions, she seems content, being a good mom, and without signs of pain to me. Can cat's not have a kitten for almost 12 hours or longer then have one? Or should i start to worry?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes its possible. Do observe but stay calm so far.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No worries! It’s not uncommon for there to be hours or even days between kittens. As long as mom is in no distress, just wait it out. She’ll have them when they and she are ready. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Black Rook

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No worries! It’s not uncommon for there to be hours or even days between kittens. As long as mom is in no distress, just wait it out. She’ll have them when they and she are ready. :)
I ended up having to take her into the vet, they gave her some stuff to induce labor and to no avail, now she has been spayed. She only had one more kitten inside of her and it ended up not surviving because it was in the womb for too long :( now i'm worrying about her insision coming undone because she's being a bit too active, jumping up on things and whatnot.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m so sorry that happened.

Is she nursing her baby?

Does she have internal or external stitches?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Black Rook

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m so sorry that happened.

Is she nursing her baby?

Does she have internal or external stitches?
She has internal stitches thankfully and is nursing her baby. She seems to be doing fine so far and has calmed down a lot. Idk why she was flipping out that one day.