Is It A Normal Looking Siamese Kitten?

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask this. But if someone could, can you please help me identify my new kitten. She is supposed to be a purebred traditional Siamese cat. Though I recently stumbled on some mixed Siamese and Ragdoll cat and some of the kittens online look alike my kitten. I don’t know if she is fluffy because she’s only 8 weeks old or does she have some other genes.
I also saw her mother when I was at the breeder, and she has a quite short haired fur.

Attachments

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She looks Siamese to me. I would say it's just kitten fuzz. Ragdolls are point cats so they may look somewhat similar as kittens especially if they are a Siamese and RD mix. Did you get papers from the breeder and can she be registered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks Siamese to me. I would say it's just kitten fuzz. Ragdolls are point cats so they may look somewhat similar as kittens especially if they are a Siamese and RD mix. Did you get papers from the breeder and can she be registered?
Unfortunately they didn’t provide a paper. Since they are not a show-cat Breeder. But they strongly assured me that her parrents and her past kin were a purebred Trasitional Siamese cats.
I was thinking too, that it was just fuzz. But I’m especially worried since her butt hair is strangely outgrowing her body.
Thanks a lot tho. image.jpg

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a such thing as a Balinese which from what I gather is basically a long hair Siamese. Maybe this is a possibility. Without papers or a DNA test it's impossible to know for sure. With her at the kitten stage it's hard to tell also. She's a beautiful little girl though, and looks very happy! Wish I could be of more help. Maybe abyeb abyeb and @stefanz will stop in and give some more insight. Welcome to TCS!

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a such thing as a Balinese which from what I gather is basically a long hair Siamese. Maybe this is a possibility. Without papers or a DNA test it's impossible to know for sure. With her at the kitten stage it's hard to tell also. She's a beautiful little girl though, and looks very happy! Wish I could be of more help. Maybe abyeb abyeb will stop in and give some more insight. Welcome to TCS!
Yeah. I know about the Balinese cats. But I’m quite certain it’s not a Balinese, since the Balinese have a very long fur, more resembling of Persian cats. I was thinking of more subtle breed. But I hope it’s just kitten-fuzz.
Because you see it looks like still not settled hair. It’s not really like lengthy.
But thanks, image.jpg I really need some advice.

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There. I took a good pic. As you. As you see it’s more fuzzy than long.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She looks like a proper old-style Siamese to me! And a very cute one at that! :)

Kittens usually have a bit more fluff then they will as adults. Additionally, old-style Siamese do tend to have thicker fur than their modern counterparts.

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks like a proper old-style Siamese to me! And a very cute one at that! :)

Kittens usually have a bit more fluff then they will as adults. Additionally, old-style Siamese do tend to have thicker fur than their modern counterparts.
Hmm. You mean she looks old style rather than traditional? Because I just talked to the breeder, and although he couldn’t give me papers since they are recently migrated from Spain and there isn’t a good cat organization in Spain (apparently), he told me that the genealogy cat is traditional style Siamese cats, All her grandparents.
Also. Apparently Siamese cats can only be bred with Siamese cats, or they usually don’t make it.
Thanks a lot though.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm. You mean she looks old style rather than traditional? Because I just talked to the breeder, and although he couldn’t give me papers since they are recently migrated from Spain and there isn’t a good cat organization in Spain (apparently), he told me that the genealogy cat is traditional style Siamese cats, All her grandparents.
Also. Apparently Siamese cats can only be bred with Siamese cats, or they usually don’t make it.
Thanks a lot though.
Old-style, traditional, and applehead are all synonymous, sorry I didn’t clarify. I understand how that could be confusing.

I think your breeder is wrong that Siamese can only be bred with other Siamese. For example, there are Siamese off-shoot breeds; Himalayan (Persian x Siamese) and Tonkinese (Siamese x Burmese).

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Old-style, traditional, and applehead are all synonymous, sorry I didn’t clarify. I understand how that could be confusing.

I think your breeder is wrong that Siamese can only be bred with other Siamese. For example, there are Siamese off-shoot breeds; Himalayan (Persian x Siamese) and Tonkinese (Siamese x Burmese).
Oh definitely. I meant wishing the Siamese gene pool.
Though yeah. I think mine is a pure traditional Siamese kitten.
Thanks.

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh definitely. I meant wishing the Siamese gene pool.
Though yeah. I think mine is a pure traditional Siamese kitten.
Thanks.
Within the Siamese gene pool*

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MistyDawn MistyDawn has a Siamese/MC mix and she met both parents and seen papers on both if I remember correctly. Maybe she can chime in on that also. This does discount the theory that only Siamese can be bred with Siamese along with @abyebs example of Himalaya and Tonkinese.

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are definitely right. I was only referring to Siamese gene pools. But I think mine isnt mixed.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some breeders are not to be trusted. They charge astronomically for a kitten saying that it's a pedigree pure breed, yet not provide papers to prove it. Regulations need changing on registered breeders of pedigree cats.

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are definitely right. I was only referring to Siamese gene pools. But I think mine isnt mixed.
Some breeders are not to be trusted. They charge astronomically for a kitten saying that it's a pedigree pure breed, yet not provide papers to prove it. Regulations need changing on registered breeders of pedigree cats.
Yeah. You are right. Though my breeder recently came in the USA from Spain. Another sinner

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whoops. I sent that by mistake, without finishing it.
I meant, my breeder moved from Spain of the USA, and there isn’t a good cat organization in Spain, so my cat will be registered and get papers.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks like a Siamese to me, just with baby fluff. I have multiple Siamese mixes and they all looked like that as kittens.

My Siamese/MC mix, and yes, I did see parents and papers, is an oddball. He does have a multilayer coat and his belly is fuzzy from his MC side. It's better to judge based on his alter-girlfriend, Mystic, who is also a Siamese mix. Her coat looked just like that as a baby, but when her adult coat came in, it became the coarse, single layer coat we know the Siamese for.

Also, Merry Christmas, everybody!

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So you are saying mine doesn’t looked mixed at all?