Is he just not hungry today?

tizzlah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Leo loves his food, and has been eating it all in a one-er. 

Despite the fact hes turning his nose up at turkey and chicken lately, (pouches) he'd still eat them eventually. 

but today he barely touched his breakfast, and when I gave him tea he didn't really touch that either (AND it was one of his favourites.) 

is it normal for kitties to just have "not hungry" days?

He's fine other wise, running around causing chaos as usual. doing poos and wees as normal. 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If everything else is normal, then he just might be a little off on his food today. However, if it lasts more than 24 hours, I would start getting very concerned. Cats, especially if overweight, cannot go long without eating, and there's something that's causing him to not eat. I would just watch him closely for the next 12 hours. If he's still not eating by tomorrow's breakfast, or if there's any other abnormal behavior, something's wrong, and a vet visit would be in order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tizzlah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your advice. 

Hes been eating a little, just not as much as normal... again all other behaviours are as normal. He hasnt shown any signs of illness or upset. 

Just trying to cause me some worry for a laugh I think. Although now that I'm typing this he's gone over to his food and is digging in..... 

worse than kids!!! 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear he's eating again. I hear you that having furbabies can be trying for worriers. It's so hard that they can't tell us if something is seriously wrong or not. We can just try to interpret their actions. I wish my cat could tell me, "Nothing to worry about, mommy, just a little stomach upset." Or even, "Something really hurts. I need to see the vet now!"