Is he a tabby?

sonnyvincent

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When Roman was a kitten, he had grey stripes all over his body. As he aged, the grey stripes mostly turned a solid grey (in good lighting you can see faint markings) except on his legs, face, stomach, and tail. I'll post a couple pics of how he looks now, on his belly, legs and face, then on his back. I'm not sure if he's considered a tabby and what kind. i found my other two cats on the tabby page (striped and blotched- which I always thought was called bullseye lol)

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Yes, he would be considered a tabby with those stripes on his legs and that 'M' on his forehead! Just BEAUTIFUL!
Yes!   Stunning!   Suddenly I do understand why anybody would try to construct a tabby russian blue.  He would be almost alike your guy, but with green eyes...   Yes, it would be nice.   :)

Blue cats do often has  some shadowy stripes, called for ghost stripes.  Even russian blues can have them as kittens.  But these arent counted as tabby proper.

Yours is a stunning blue tabby... 

Re the Blotched pal.  Its usually called for classical tabby. May also be called for marbled tabby.   Classical, because in some languages, when they say tabby, they mean THIS tabby.

A mackerel tabby is called for striped cat, or even tigrered cat...

And the bullseye is the most typical for them.   So I presume many calls them for bullseye, but its is not the cat fanciers label for them.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think he is blue,  mackerel tabby,   They do often have some spots on the tummy.  Which doesnt make him into a spotted tabby.

But on the last photo, at that angle, he isnt totally unlike a russian blue, the european type   so he may perhaps be a cross,  a RB-(alike) with a tabby...

Last edited: