Is Chiba lonely?

renaru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I've had Chiba a year now and I am a cancer patient so I had been home all the time. Recently as I have started feeling better I have been out and about more and now I feel like a horrible mama because I am often out for long periods of time. She has toys and I make sure she has plenty of food and water but I feel like she is lonely when I'm not here and it breaks my heart. Once when I was gone she pushed open my window and got out and she is pregnant. (Yes I know please no lectures) I plan to keep one of the kittens and have homes lined up for up to 5 more she might have.
That being said I obviously cannot bring another cat home as a playmate but the thought of staying out overnight breaks my heart. I feel horrible leaving her home for even a few hours. So my question is this: will she be alright overnight just one night? Does she think I've abandoned her? Does she even really care that I'm gone? I've been worrying about this constantly since I've been well enough to go out again and I would really appreciate some thoughts on this.
Thanks.
(If this is the wrong place for this thread I'm sorry wasn't sure where to put it)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whenever we go away for an overnight trip, we just leave some of our dirty clothes out on the bed so our scent is available for our little ones to lay on.  Plus we put some pillows under the sheets as if they were like our bodies for them to snuggle up to.  I think if you leave her for one night, she'll be ok.  Just leave a light on and tell her you'll be back.  We actually tell them we'll be back every single time we leave, even if we're just going to the grocery store!

BTW, glad you are feeling well enough to get out and about

p.s.  this IS the wrong forum.  Think I'll have it moved over to ...maybe Care and Grooming?  I'm thinking this goes under "care".  'Course, depending on when she is due, we could move it to Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care.  Gosh, I'm just not sure.  When IS she due?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renaru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe she is due sometime next week. Thank you for the information I really appreciate it.