Is 100.9 f fever is too much for kitten?

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took my 4 month old kitten to vet today he said he have mild fever now that i check hes temperature is 100.9 and hes behaviour is so strange he acts like he’s scared hissing walking fast body lower to the ground and sit he doesn’t have activities he just seat he eat less i have to eat and make him otherwise he will not eat that much also peeing and pooping normal my vet said fever is because of cold weather som when he sleep on floor he shivers so i have hes medicine but idk if the fever is too much and by the way why he acting to strange ? And by the way he doesn’t sneeze or cough or have runny nose

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Do you have a warm bed on the floor for him to sleep in?

Can you get a video of his behaviors and show that to the vet?

Is there another vet you could talk to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Do you have a warm bed on the floor for him to sleep in?

Can you get a video of his behaviors and show that to the vet?

Is there another vet you could talk to?
I trust him only and he said because he’s sick he doesn’t want anyone near him u didn’t reply my question is hes fever too high??

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not a vet but kittens don't have fevers from cold weather, so I'm not sure why they said that, but nonetheless I think you should talk more to your vet about everything you mentioned in your first post.

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not a vet but kittens don't have fevers from cold weather, so I'm not sure why they said that, but nonetheless I think you should talk more to your vet about everything you mentioned in your first post.
I didn’t ask u to tell me what is the problem I explain the situation and ask if 100.9 is fever or no never mind

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is sick. Did the vet give you medicine for him?
Yes antibiotics and for fever but in google it saying fever is 102 so that means he doesn’t hv fever??

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes antibiotics and for fever but in google it saying fever is 102 so that means he doesn’t hv fever??
Normal temperature for cats is generally between 101 and 102 degrees.