Iris my 1 year old with a parent who is poor, excited, & waiting to c her kittens for the first & la

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was trying to get Tiny's video up but I don't know where it went!!!! Tiny who is starting come out of him or her shell is soo sweet. The other cats bully him though. I guess I can tell now he/she doesn't fuss when I pick him up or whitie. I saw Tiny back away from Blackie earlier cuz Blackie was being wild. I thought that was cute!!! I just never thought I would see that in lil baby kittens. Last night Iris got them out of the area that Randy made for them, after 3 nights of them being in there  she finally got them out. Katina got them out from under the dresser & Iris was ok with it for 3 days. I know I should have had a better handle on my daughter but Iris was letting her do it. I feel like I should be smacking my hand saying bad mother bad mother. Since I wasn't gonna move them until they were a month old!!!! That would be saturday. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Shorter videos will load more easily. For some reason the longer ones do not always load. They are adorable! I know you are enjoying them! :)

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my baby's kittens are all males but 1!!!! I have to tell you that I finally picked up poop for the 1st time, at first that concerned me but I know that I would smell poop but never could find it.  When Iris found the poop I have to say that Iris wasn't in the room. I think that's why I actually fould some. Then again with me & thinking that I might have a torteshell, I know that Tortie has a lil orage on his nose but he has stripes not just like spots like the torts. Sadly I say plus I thought all tortie's were female anyway!! I swear I was gonna keep that kitten even if my husband didn't want to!!!! Oh well, I'm still trying to get Tiny & torie on video. Here's some pics though pics of Tortie & Tiny!!!

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
White kitten is Leo till someoen takes it, Blurry one is Tortie, The two kittens are Tortie  Tiny, Tortie is eatingThe single pic is Tiny. I never realized his nose was kinda orange or brown too. But he is the one that likes it alone. Well he gets out more but he's still a loner.

Last edited:

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My daughter decided to change Whitie's name cuz she calls her Leo. Whatever the owner wants is what it'll be but I & my other daughter & Randy call her Whitie since she was bornor a few days after. She put it on b4 I could take it off. Just like the other word. I would've corrected that b4 sending. Little bugar!!!! This pic is Tortie a lil tired. His eyes are very big normally & he is a cuddle kitty!!! 

onewholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First of all you are stating you want to put your kittens up for adoption on Craigslist? It is NOT a good site for animals as they use that site for re-homing and then they want money on the side.  Get your kittens a good up bringing at your house first a good three months and then ask around during that time for the people who rescue cats. There are Furry Friends, Second Companions, Feline Underground Rescue sites nation wide.  Do some inquiries on the Internet for your kittens.  You wanted to see your Mother cat that is JUST one year old to have kittens. Well you have her and her kittens. 

Make sure you take human food out of the closet and all that tissue paper and wrapping paper and strings and such so that the cats don't get into any of that stuff and digest it.  

There is low income neutering and spaying for felines and canines and you can inquire that through your animal shelter as well. You just mention and might have to show proof of your own income to get a discount on your cats/kittens fixed. Just ask around and get some good feedback for you, your one year old mother cat who now needs to be spayed and before you let those little stinkers out of your care (kittens) make sure they too are spayed and neutered because they might end up the same way unable to have their kittens spayed and neutered. Cats come in heat so fast and have kittens and turn around and get pregnant again and again. 

I have come a long ways since 1982 raising feral and stray cats and my own personal cats since then till just two weeks ago adopted another kid (cat) 8 years old Tortoiseshell feline spayed and finicky. She too has issues lately forgetting to squat in the litter box. 
 Onewholovescats

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
THank you for  your response. I do have to say though that when I got our small cat for my daughter, she was a good puppy till the end & the people that I got her from told me that she let me take her because of she had a good feeling & because of she knew where I lived, so she knew that she would have  room to roam & be safe.Venus & Bella our other dog were with with my husband & Venus fell from the truck while still moving at 40mph. She pooped & peed but came back to her normal self when he got home. She was scraped up a lil & I know she had to hurt so I gave her a dog pain killer which is tramadol. She slept, jumped almost normal but in the afernoon of the next day, she disappeared. She was hear till 1pm. Anyway, it looks like all the kittens will have a home cept maybe 2. So I never even thought of getting them neutered so I'll find out if I can do that so that doesn't happen, what you said. I would feel aweful if any of those kittens went thru that kind of epidemic of toooo many kittens. Yeah, I got 2.6 weeks b4 Iris gets neutered or spayed whatever it's called. Then I have a baby that will stay young for awhile!!!!! 
 Right now I'm enjoying the time that I never got when I was young & hopefully the girls can feel they got that feeling too.  I know I've been all over the place & I apologize. The kittens sleep under the bed since they totally jump out of the cage like box that Randy built for them. They haven't been in the closet for awhile now i had to clean the closet & the box was made so they had way more room. Unfortunately they don't like to be confined, it's funny. Iris my baby though doensn't feed the kittens as much, I just wonder about that tooo. She hates when they all fight to eat but I know they are only fighting cuz they are hungry.  They are starting to eat kitten food but not all of them do. I just wonder if Iris is being normal with not feeding them as often as she used to? They all seem healthy though!!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old are the kittens now & we can tell you how to feed them.

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are 8.5wks old now. I got Iris spayed last wednesday & I only have Tortie & Blackie now. I am getting ready to call the vets to at least see if they could look at Blackie to c the bump that he has on his stomach. What the humane society said they think it could be a hernia. I can't afford to pay for a kitten that I'm not keeping to get fixed but I don't know if he has too much pain. He runs around like crazy like a normal kitten, he sleeps & eats very good. He is a character I wish we could keep him too. Reality is, two cats & 1 dog is enough for this household is kitten is funny tooo! Whitie & Tiny(The one who was a loner & stonger than Blackie) are both with my daughter's friend's family. It was hard saying good bye though. I loved being able to go thru this experience though.  Now Iris & kittens go from my daughter Jolecia's room to mine. Her room has an extended area, us adults would have taken that room had it had a bathroom. The room we have has the bathroom so I'll deal with smaller room. My daughter sleeps throughout the night when the kittens & Iris are playing so it's a win win situation with the rooms. I miss spending time with my baby but I understand,she has her own family now. She has done good with the letting go part though with Whitie & Tiny. It was the same day though so that helped. She still has to know where they are &doesn't really let them venture outside too much. Still very protective, I love that!!!!! She has started spending more time with me though too. The kittens are struggling with letting go of her nipple too much though. We seperate them when they have attached themselves to Iris but for the most part they eat their own food. Well, kittn chow. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's okay if the kittens still nurse on mama! I'll bet they are really cute now. I know it was hard letting go of two of them, but you know where they are and can visit!

If the little fellow has a hernia, it's an easy repair when a vet neuters him. Let us know what the vet says. :)

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww thank you. i gave blackie away & the guy is gonna take him in. The family was nice. I meant to call him the next day but I don't think I wrote down the number. That sucks tooo, cuz I wanted to see how he was doing since he got settled in. The other kittens are doing good with their new families. Iris, still have one & it's getting shorter & shorter that she lets Tortie aka Max nurse. She is still wanting to really protect our last baby & to me, that's being a Mama. Max does his best to run from her when she wants to clean him up but in the end, she wins! I am getting my baby back though & that I love. In a few days I'm gonna be giving Max aka Tortie his worm meds. Same kind that Iris had but less days. Then give him his shots!!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Don't you have the guy's phone number somewhere in your phone records of numbers called or received so you can check on Blackie?

Sounds like Max and Mama are doing well! :)

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omgosh!!!!! That is soooo true, duh just go to magic jack.com & get the number. Thank you so much. I hope you have a wonderful fourth & weekend!!! Thank God I posted today.

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 I haven't been on for awhile & I was gonna take down my part o here but maybe right now I want to vent. One of my baby's kittens who is 6 months  old now has a lump on his neck.I'm a lil worried cuz Idon't know what it is. I have to take him into the vet b4 getting him fixed, & of course I'm getting worried about that.  I think it came when my husband gave him his shot. But I have to find out b4 getting him neutered. Aww I saw this guy plop out of Iris, Iris being a wonderful Mom to her babes & now she is mean to him but I'm worried bout him. It's Tortie aka Max that has the lump. Ugh!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it's from a shot it may simply be a cyst that needs draining and a round of antibiotics. He will probably be okay. Let us know what the vet says.

jhannamarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you Sarthur.All of the kittens are gone now but one. I was gonna go & get him neutered but now I have to take him to the vet to see what this lump is on his neck near his throat b4 getting him balless. He seems fine but I'm worried about that. It didn't seem like he had a lump until after he got his last shot. I'm worried but I'm taking him. What sucks is if Iris doesn't like him so if after the neuter she still growled at him I was gonna give him to my daughter that doesn't live here. I hope it helps though.