Introduction Help

Jvin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been 5 days since introducing my 10week and 6month. At first they hissed and growled a lot but now all they seem to do is "play". It's clear they don't see each other as a threat, they eat next to each other and can coexist together, the baby even tried to rub net to the 6 month but Im posting this because I'm nervous about how rough it may be. I posted a video of them playing a couple of days ago and people said they were playing but it looks kind of mean to me. We still have to separate them because all they do is play and chase. I read if my little one runs away then it could be fighting. He runs away a little bit but then 5 seconds later pounces again. I got a feliway diffuse that seemed to work the first day but hasn't helped since. It's frustrating because they get along but there play seems so rough I don't want to leave them alone together. I've attached a video, but I have to upload another. Here's one of them https://thecatsite.com/media/trim-9bad3626-d6f3-4bc1-9be7-15d9fae092bf.420694/

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - that looks pretty normal to me.
Here's a couple ideas - check both cats for any redness or actual bite marks/broken skin. Also, there are some calming treats and even collars you could try, but unless you are actually finding red or broken skin on either cat I truly don't think this is bad.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The fact that the little guy pounces after running away is an excellent representation that they are playing. It is true that if they run away AND the other cat doesn’t stop, resulting in loud angry growling or hissing, it could be getting too rough.

My cat is 2 years old and plays with all of my foster kittens like this. He pounces on them, pins them down, kicks them, and bites their necks. It looks super rough, but it’s just crazy play. Nobody gets hurt and everyone is still friends afterward!