Introducing two young, male neutered cats, (and a big THANK YOU)

frankiesinatra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everyone!

First of all, I just wanting to give this whole site a huge THANK YOU. I came here after being treated awfully somewhere else when trying to figure out how to feed my cat. Everyone here was so sweet and helpful. I was kindly educated and helped specifically-- now my Frankie no longer steals food or begs. He's the perfect shape and SO playful. :)

Now, I may be unexpectedly bringing home a second cat... My parents rescued a young black cat (almost just like my Frankie!) from a very bad owner situation. He was being fed terrible food, they were giving him wet food on top of his dry food and leaving it for days. The poor thing was sick with diarrhea constantly, and never allowed to play. They burnt him with hot water when he climbed in the sink because they didn't like it. He came from and shelter and I'm so glad they got him out of that situation. My parents already have three cats and offered to pay for his food and care if I would take him, so I accepted. I think it might be good for Frankie to have a cat just like himself to play with.

Thing is, I've never introduced cats before. What't the best way to go about it? I've read up a little but I was hoping for some practical advice. I live in a fairly small apartment. I'd be bringing him home next Sunday. How long does it usually take before kitties settle in happily together?

Thank you so much for any help :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

frankiesinatra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@betsygee   Thank you! That looks like a great article :) Read it though and have a much better idea of it. I'm really excited to meet the boy next weekend! I absolutely was not planning on having a second cat..but with the circumstances I'm definitely going to give it a try. Worst case if it doesn't work my parents will take him and make it work there. He is NOT going back to a shelter or anywhere else.