Introducing Tauriel (or Gimli?)

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, all!

Finally got my second tarantula, a Mexican fireleg. I was told it was female, but it appears to be male. I am putting it to the experts on Tarantula Forum to figure it out. I'm wanting a female because they live longer and I can keep my badass elf lady name theme going (hopefully getting a black one to name Arwen some day lol).

Pictures of new snugglebug attached!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your new snugglebug. :bouquet: Please keep us posted when you find out if it's a male or female from the experts on the Tarantula forum.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! Why can’t you still name him after an elf? You could have Elrond, or Faenor, or Celebrand. Gilgalad, Glorfindel! There are lots of options!

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Although Shelob or Ungoliant are great options, but perhaps too obvious ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ungoliant is the juvenile Goliath birdeater I have taxidermied.

As for elf names, I chose Tauriel because of hair color. Red haired elf, esd haired tarantula. Galadriel is a blonde- both the elf and the spooder. Gimli is the only red haired non-hobbit.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, now you got me curious and I checked Ye Olde Google.

Nerdanel

"Nerdanel's family is interesting to fans of Tolkien's elves because they are the only attested examples of elves with red hair. Nerdanel's father Mahtan and three of her sons (Maedhros, Amrod, and Amras) are described by Tolkien as having red hair (actually a reddish brown) and this is described as a trait "of Nerdanel's kin". Nerdanel's own hair color is never specifically stated, although it is said that she possessed a ruddy complexion and so it is assumed that Tolkien did indeed intend Nerdanel to have red hair."

So if you are going for male elf names, I guess you have 4 options?

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha I love your dedication!

I am sticking with Tauriel, I think. Nagini, my snake, is not a confirmed female, and it's 2018- they can be whatever lol.

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need at least one more to name Arwen, though two more would be nice so I can also get a Luthien.