Introducing Spree And Necco

Starznight

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
CD086FC6-AB19-4B56-970F-9E91AD631D90.jpeg
Two new special boys have joined our family! Spree on the left and Necco on the right. My DH has firmly stated one cat and one cat only! But I called him anyways when I saw the darling twins at our local shelter, 2 days away from being split up and sent off to another shelter in hopes of finding them both homes. I sent the DH pictures of the two mirroring each other so perfectly, said it really wasn’t two cats but more like one cat that could be in two places at once. He of course gave me a firm NO!

And then called back 5 minutes later to ask if they were healthy, a bit nervous after Gumdrop, and if they were skittish at all... since they were trying to break out of their cage, was able to assure him they weren’t skittish in the least, and since it was our local shelter whom I’m very familiar with I could assure him of their health better than if we were purchasing kittens from a breeder.

So he said “ok!” And the ladies at the pound were ecstatic that both boys were being adopted together! They had been together for 9 months and one was pretty dependent on the other, they were nervous when I first said I’d like to adopt Spree, but when I asked if it would be possible to also adopt his brother they heaved a huge sigh of relief and assured me OF COURSE!!! They couldn’t insist they be adopted together but prayed someone would come and take both of them home.

As for my rag doll at home, it wasn’t exactly love at first sight for him, but it wasn’t bare teeth and attack either, he seemed a bit reluctant at first, but they won him over the first day and now all 3 are fast friends . But then poor Snowcap has had a rough time this past month, losing his brother, getting a new sister only to lose her too , he wasn’t quite sure if he was ready to get his heart broken all over again.

As for the DH, Necco won him over the second he got home from work by following right after him and demanding to be picked up by his new daddy (Spree was too busy playing with the cat teaser). Since the first day in our home our standard welcoming party to all who come has increased from one hyperdependant Orange kitty to three very hyperdependant kitties that can’t wait to greet everyone at the door!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I cannot express how happy I am seeing this post, after reading about your other losses! These guys are gorgeous, and I'm tickled that Snowcap accepted them both!

I am so sorry that I confused the names!

Last edited: