Introducing Mimesis Maus 2010-11 Show Prospects

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm funny about my kittens. I'm slightly superstitious and don't like posting anything until I feel confident we're in the clear. Selene had her second litter in early December, and we're keeping two girls to show. They will debut the first weekend in April.

The silver girl is Mimesis Dance the Tango. Her call name is Pancake
My sister had a dream about a cat named Pancake, and the name stuck.

The smoke is Mimesis Dance the Calypso Espresso, or Espresso for short. She's my "pick" and has stolen my heart. My mother wanted to call her "China Doll" because she looks so tiny and dainty, but she's a small bundle of energy, which is why she's my coffee kitten

We call them the breakfast club. Hopefully will enjoy the show ring!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, admittedly, know nil about showing, but I do know that those kittens are as cute as can be! Best wishes to you (and them!) in the show ring!

While Pancake is super-cute, I'm in love with Espresso. What a beauty! Perhaps it's because I've seen very few smokes (and none in person), but she is just a stunner! And, how adorable is it that she looks as though she's smiling?!

All in all, very cute, very beautiful cats. I don't know much about maus, but it certainly looks as though your cats mean the world to you. And, if I were looking for a kitten from a breeder (or anyone), that would be the most important factor for me. I hope your "Breakfast Club" girls enjoy the show ring and do well. Please keep us updated on their progress.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both lovely
Wish I could see a smoke in person.

Best luck showing them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

While Pancake is super-cute, I'm in love with Espresso. What a beauty! Perhaps it's because I've seen very few smokes (and none in person), but she is just a stunner! And, how adorable is it that she looks as though she's smiling?!
She has a nice strong chin which I think contributes to the "smiling" effect. It is really difficult to photograph her coat at this age, but she has a nice pattern as well as well. Smokes in general are tough to photograph, so I'm glad she can still catch your eye

Originally Posted by mews2much

Are there any smokes being shown in California?
I have never seen a smoke in person.
Smoke is the rarest Egyptian Mau color eligible for Championship competition, usually a little over 10% of the Maus registered in any given year will be smoke. Of those, only another 10% or so grand (2003 stats). So it's also the hardest color to show. . . but last year two of our top three best of breed in CFA were smoke Maus. There is a breeder who shows in your area and she specializes in smokes, so I'm sure you'll run into her cats sooner or later. She had the 3rd BOB for last year.

The smokes:
http://www.cfa.org/breeds/profiles/egyptian.html

tamarae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww
They're beautiful. You'll have to keep us up to date on how they do in their shows. Hopefully they'll just love it!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
they are fabulous! can you put my name down to purchase a smoke from you in say, 5 years?
my dream kitties are a seal-point Siamese and a Smoke Mau