Introducing "Little Helen" the foster kitty.

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Little Helen came out of a hoarding situation, and has been in the shelter since March. When we dropped in to the shelter last week, to see if they needed volunteers, they showed us this beauty and told us that she needed a foster home and was in need of socialization. she bites a little if you put a hand in her cage, but I suspect that she's only asserting herself and 'defending her territory'

Today we brought her home, and as expected, she spent the majority of the day in hiding. What surprised me(and maybe shouldn't have) was that she moved into the closet, which is about the size of her cage(but started out very cluttered with toys) 

When I realized that this was where she felt comfortable, I quietly cleared the toys out, while she crouched and watched me move around her, and set the closet up similar to the way her cage had been. 

So without further ado......Little Helen.

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Little Helen! Good luck in your new Foster home. Do give your new family a chance!  They are lucky to have you , and you them.

brendan2282

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome Little Helen!  Max & Phoebe say hello, too.  Enjoy your new home :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hello and welcome Little Helen.  
     I hope you will be happy in your new home and feel safe to come out of your little den soon.  It sounds like you are with a lovely family so try to relax a little bit and purr when they do things you like, it will help those new humans of yours get to know what they should do to keep you happy.