Introducing Kittens Of Different Ages...

Percysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, we got our delightful kitty a month ago when he was eight weeks old. We’ve decided it would be a good idea to get him a friend so he has someone to play with during the day while we’re at work. We regret not taking one of his litter mates when we got him to be honest.

We got him from a reputable breeder in our area and she will have some siblings of his (different litter) available around Christmas time. I just wondered... he will be around 4/5 months old then and the new kitty would be around 8-10 weeks. Do you have any advice on introducing them? Our vet suggested it should be pretty easy up until the older kitty becomes a teenager around 6/7 months, but things I’ve seen online suggest it could be tough. Any pearls of wisdom gratefully received.

Thanks!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try to choose a kitten with a similar personality as your current kitten and maybe a little girl this time. My kitten was 6 months old when I got another that was 2 months old and had no problems. Keep us updated and don't forget the photos!