Introducing kitten to my man

jessglanz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All!

This morning as I left for work I found a kitten no older than 4 months outside my door. I put her on my cats harness in the backyard and had my sister feed/give her water as I had to go to work, and didn't know how my boy Diego who is 2 years old would react.

Unfortunately she was feisty and found her way out of the harness.. I'm hoping to grab her again so I can either keep her safe or find her a new safe home.

If so, how can I introduce them  so they get along? Diego is touch and go with other cats - there are two others that roam the neighbourhood he's come in contact with when he escapes, one he is best friends with the other not even close.

I want him to be a cat's cat so to speak, if I can't catch this girl or rehome her if I do I still plan on getting another fur baby in the future.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated :) 

Also any ideas on finding the kitten would be fantastic!

Thanks!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First, are you sure this kitten is a stray? In my experience all the stray kittens I rescued don't escape but remain where they feel safe and there is food and shelter. Perhaps the kitten you found was only confused about where her home was and when she got away, she went back to her own mommy or human guardian.

Second, I think your Diego is a normal cat with individual preferences about other cats. If you are planning to get him a companion, you can read all about cat introductions http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessglanz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yayi yayi nope I'm not positive, of course I would take measures to see if she belonged to anyone nearby but she did not look well taken care of! Thank you for the link