Introducing Five Weeks Kitten To Five Months Kittens

YazanYosor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How should this go?
The five weeks kitten is so tiny and I want them to get used to each other and not view him as a stranger when he is bigger.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would keep the baby separate until he is at least 10-12 weeks old. They'll get used to each other's scent on your clothes and just in the house in general. Your 5 month old is going to want to play all the time and could hurt the baby without meaning to cause harm. After the baby is large enough, you'll still want to supervise for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

YazanYosor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would keep the baby separate until he is at least 10-12 weeks old. They'll get used to each other's scent on your clothes and just in the house in general. Your 5 month old is going to want to play all the time and could hurt the baby without meaning to cause harm. After the baby is large enough, you'll still want to supervise for a while.
Guess I will wait until the end of October.
One of the boys is a rough player. The safety of the kitten is the most important thing.

YazanYosor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are your cats spayed and neutered?
I have three resident kittens inside the house who are not spayed or neutered yet.
I keep the rescued cats and the ones staying temporarily in another separate section of the house.
But this one kitten is inside the same area with the resident kittens but in a locked room separated from them.
I won't keep him alone for a long time because I want him to benefit from the company of the other cats.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They need to be fixed or they will not integrate well. Do you have a vet you can work with?

YazanYosor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They need to be fixed or they will not integrate well. Do you have a vet you can work with?
Yes, I actually contacted a vet who should be available within a week or two.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be ok if you hold the baby kitten in the same room as the other kittens and let them sniff, but I wouldn't put him down on the floor until he's larger. If any of the kittens start to hiss or spit, then that's also time for the baby to go back in his room.