Introducing Covered Litterbox

missriss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! So I am currently Fostering/socializing Gypsy the Semi- Feral and she is doing really well. I want to see if she will use a covered litterbox. Right now she has an uncovered box, but since all the other cats use covered without issue I am curious if she will too.

I know some cats can be picky so I don't want to suddenly change it on her. We scoop once - twice a day in my house (with 4 cats you really need to) and dump/clean litterboxes every week so I am not concerned about the smell bothering her. Obviously if she hates it I can live with uncovered, but she's pretty easy going so I want to try it.

We live in a small space so covered is ideal to keep the litter itself contained and she is extra messy!

Thanks!:greenpaw::bluepaw:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would start by having two; side by side. Leave the one uncovered and the other covered. You won't always have to have 2; but it's a good way to see what she thinks without risking accidents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missriss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would start by having two; side by side. Leave the one uncovered and the other covered. You won't always have to have 2; but it's a good way to see what she thinks without risking accidents.

Great idea!