Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's looking at you like don't judge me....a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do 😉

That was from her post weighing expression a couple of pages ago. I'm catching up .... been busy with a surprise in our garage...
View attachment 474556
OMC! I'm sure Ms. Betty is hoping that this little one survives, thrives, and finds a loving permanent home as good and loving as hers!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤦‍♂️
Betty had an upset stomach again. 😿

I don’t know if it was a regurgitation or a vomit. The wet was really wet like she loaded up on water. The dry was minimally chewed. I may have to try pre grinding all her morning kibble instead of leaving some pieces whole. I gave her one half dose of her homeopathic oral care last night. I ate the other half dose (1 dose = 2 tablets so we each had one last night.) I wanted to know if they were truly tasteless. I didn’t pop this morning. But my dose was relatively much smaller. In any case, I’ll give it a few days and we can try her supplement again on Tuesday. Maybe I’ll try it as a lunch time dose since she has trouble enough with mornings.

The other episodes this month seem explainable as mostly morning tummy from waiting too long to eat breakfast. But she was on time this morning. She did skim off the dry first and came back for the rest in a couple of hours. Maybe that was it?

Because the others seemed preventable or correctable, I’m calling this her one (or first of two if you go by the Atlanta Cat Doctors’ standard) for this month. Please no more!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing okay. She occasionally has a silent chirp for me if I stop petting her for too long.
C1A5390E-930B-4EBE-A5A5-1FC5F0748F91.jpeg
(That belly has more padding than it did last summer. 🤦🏼‍♂️)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Not in any way meaning to take away the joy of having your Dyson products, daftcat75 daftcat75 but just giving Cindy my personal anecdote in case it is helpful.* ;)
I think I like Dyson's air purifiers better than I like their vacuums. My upright still works alright. But I just hate dealing with the cord and moving it from one plug to the next. My Bissell Bolt cordless is bunk. I keep it because it's better than not having one at all. But it really struggles with cat litter and dried cat food crumbs. I have their handheld Pet Hair Eraser and that's a good deal better. I keep that underneath the media bench right there next to her feeding area. That one does a good job of picking up the cat food crumbs. But of course, being a handheld, it's range is limited by my patience for cleaning with a handheld.

I looked at getting a new cordless stick vacuum. I found a Reddit thread that said the Dyson handhelds aren't worth it. Then I found a review for something that looked really intriguing: a vacuum that is endless home serviceable made by former Dyson engineers. Sadly the reviewer said this is basically the Tesla of vacuums. You're not buying it because it's the best, but because you agree with the concept and the company and hope they'll improve the serviceable and replaceable parts over time. That said, there were enough pink (not quite red) flags to add up.

Same guy did a side-by-side of two German vacuums and I think I'm probably going to get one of them. I just don't know which. And also that price is staggering. But... Here's what I'm thinking. If I get one of those cannister vacuums and a Duracell portable generator (they have smaller ones about the size of a two liter bottle of soda), I could get a sling or put the generator in shoulder bag/backpack and then plug the vacuum into that. Best of both worlds! I get an extremely competent cannister vacuum with the mobility of a cordless. Off to do some research and calculations to find out if I can get enough power out of those smaller generators.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing okay. She occasionally has a silent chirp for me if I stop petting her for too long.
View attachment 474631
(That belly has more padding than it did last summer. 🤦🏼‍♂️)
Does Ms. Betty have something to snack on overnight? I'm thinking she does, but wanted to ask just to be sure. Cats are grazers, as I know you know; they revisit their prey multiple times during an interval.
Once again, she and Elvis seem be on the same timetable re: regurgings. He snorked yesterday and urped twice. Both times were definite regurge. Of his wet food. A dinnertime favorite. :sigh:
But today is another day. Really hoping Betty, and Elvis, are back to best health and gastronomic experiences.:hearthrob::kneading::cutecat:❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I like Dyson's air purifiers better than I like their vacuums. My upright still works alright. But I just hate dealing with the cord and moving it from one plug to the next. My Bissell Bolt cordless is bunk. I keep it because it's better than not having one at all. But it really struggles with cat litter and dried cat food crumbs. I have their handheld Pet Hair Eraser and that's a good deal better. I keep that underneath the media bench right there next to her feeding area. That one does a good job of picking up the cat food crumbs. But of course, being a handheld, it's range is limited by my patience for cleaning with a handheld.

I looked at getting a new cordless stick vacuum. I found a Reddit thread that said the Dyson handhelds aren't worth it. Then I found a review for something that looked really intriguing: a vacuum that is endless home serviceable made by former Dyson engineers. Sadly the reviewer said this is basically the Tesla of vacuums. You're not buying it because it's the best, but because you agree with the concept and the company and hope they'll improve the serviceable and replaceable parts over time. That said, there were enough pink (not quite red) flags to add up.

Same guy did a side-by-side of two German vacuums and I think I'm probably going to get one of them. I just don't know which. And also that price is staggering. But... Here's what I'm thinking. If I get one of those cannister vacuums and a Duracell portable generator (they have smaller ones about the size of a two liter bottle of soda), I could get a sling or put the generator in shoulder bag/backpack and then plug the vacuum into that. Best of both worlds! I get an extremely competent cannister vacuum with the mobility of a cordless. Off to do some research and calculations to find out if I can get enough power out of those smaller generators.
I'm guessing at least one of those is a Miele? Friends in Finland bought one and as far as I know, they like it. Their two orange tabby shorthaired boys do, too. The elder of the two loves being vacuumed with the hose attachment. The younger tolerates it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does Ms. Betty have something to snack on overnight? I'm thinking she does, but wanted to ask just to be sure. Cats are grazers, as I know you know; they revisit their prey multiple times during an interval.
Once again, she and Elvis seem be on the same timetable re: regurgings. He snorked yesterday and urped twice. Both times were definite regurge. Of his wet food. A dinnertime favorite. :sigh:
But today is another day. Really hoping Betty, and Elvis, are back to best health and gastronomic experiences.:hearthrob::kneading::cutecat:❤
Yes. Betty gets a second dinner between 9 and 10 pm. Some nights she finishes it between nine and ten (like last night.) But many nights she leaves some and comes back for the rest before morning. Then I'm up at quarter to five every morning to get her medicine in her. She usually doesn't eat until after she's had a medicine nap. This morning she cleared the kibble layer at about 6:30am and the rest by 8am.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing at least one of those is a Miele? Friends in Finland bought one and as far as I know, they like it. Their two orange tabby shorthaired boys do, too. The elder of the two loves being vacuumed with the hose attachment. The younger tolerates it.
Yes! One is a Miele. I'm just beginning my research since both options are $$$. The other is also German and a SEBO.

The head to head review is here. Same guy also reviewed the Lupe which was the endlessly serviceable one. But after watching his review, I think I would be disappointed by its performance.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! One is a Miele. I'm just beginning my research since both options are $$$. The other is also German and a SEBO.

The head to head review is here. Same guy also reviewed the Lupe which was the endlessly serviceable one. But after watching his review, I think I would be disappointed by its performance.
If you're on twitter/X, my Finnish friends are @kissanelamaa on there. Viiru and Kismet are the orange guys. If you want, you could ask them about the Miele.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically, according to the "experts," a cordless stick vac has a 3-5 year life. That may factor into your decision.
And I know cords are a hassle, but I'll always buy corded vacs because you're paying twice for cordless: once to juice it up via DC, and again to use the battery. I've never seen this point raised online -- it's not even a thing, apparently. Probably because it's something the mfrs. don't want shared. But it is true.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're on twitter/X, my Finnish friends are @kissanelamaa on there. Viiru and Kismet are the orange guys. If you want, you could ask them about the Miele.
Twitter was too toxic for me before Musk took it over. I was never tempted to sign up for Twitter. Now I'm even more determined never to give my personal information to a Musk run company if I can help it. (I even told my financial advisors to never buy me stock in Musk-run companies--"I don't care how well Tesla stock might be doing. The guy is an unstable nutter and he's going to be his own downfall at some point. I don't want to be left holding the bag when that happens.") The best thing he ever did for it was make profiles and comments private by default. That means even when I think want to read comments (which you should never do!), I'm blocked because I don't have an account. Also the rebranding to X may have been the dumbest thing. Every time I see that X, it looks like the Close Window "x" and I click on it expecting to dismiss it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twitter was too toxic for me before Musk took it over. I was never tempted to sign up for Twitter. Now I'm even more determined never to give my personal information to a Musk run company if I can help it. (I even told my financial advisors to never buy me stock in Musk-run companies--"I don't care how well Tesla stock might be doing. The guy is an unstable nutter and he's going to be his own downfall at some point. I don't want to be left holding the bag when that happens.") The best thing he ever did for it was make profiles and comments private by default. That means even when I think want to read comments (which you should never do!), I'm blocked because I don't have an account. Also the rebranding to X may have been the dumbest thing. Every time I see that X, it looks like the Close Window "x" and I click on it expecting to dismiss it.
Definitely agree on all. He's an a$$wipe. A crazy one, and an intolerant one. I'm always wishing he'd hop the boat to Mars. And yeah on your thoughts on "x" all the way. I like birds. They're basically friendly. The alternative? I won't even add any comment to yours. *And yeah, reading comments can be very toxic. Or even at best, a rabbit hole.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just watched a video of a guy using a power station to power his vacuum. It took 900W. Scrap that idea! I was looking at a 250W station for backpack use. A 1000W station is 1) as expensive as the vacuum itself, and 2) coming in at 22 lbs, it's heavier than the vacuum itself.

I think my beef with moving the corded around is that none of my outlets are very convenient. So maybe instead of trying to make a corded into a cordless, I'll look into how to make my plugs more convenient.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just watched a video of a guy using a power station to power his vacuum. It took 900W. Scrap that idea! I was looking at a 250W station for backpack use. A 1000W station is 1) as expensive as the vacuum itself, and 2) coming in at 22 lbs, it's heavier than the vacuum itself.

I think my beef with moving the corded around is that none of my outlets are very convenient. So maybe instead of trying to make a corded into a cordless, I'll look into how to make my plugs more convenient.
Good idea. At least to look into. My house is 87 years old so I have the same problem. And it's big, so I do have to move the cord. But I have a good vacuum and a good heavy-duty extension cord, so I only have to move it 3 times to do the whole house. Half the rooms are carpeted and half tile or laminate, which I use a broom and then a damp-mop on. If you get a heavy duty extension cord, you should be able to clean conveniently.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remembered a detail for Sheddy Betty’s Barf Blog.

Like Taylor Swift’s new album, Betty dropped a bonus 💩 a few hours after her first this morning. I didn’t think much of it at the time other than, “didnt I just scoop a poop the last time I woke up?” I didn’t pick through either (for science!) But I’m betting one or both of them had a significant amount of hair—hence the bonus drop. That could explain why she took only the kibble layer off the top on her first pass. She needed to make room for the rest. But as we know, dry alone doesn’t work for her. We brushed yesterday. We brush daily. Time to get that moisture brush. Because what we’re doing is clearly not good enough.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remembered a detail for Sheddy Betty’s Barf Blog.

Like Taylor Swift’s new album, Betty dropped a bonus 💩 a few hours after her first this morning. I didn’t think much of it at the time other than, “didnt I just scoop a poop the last time I woke up?” I didn’t pick through either (for science!) But I’m betting one or both of them had a significant amount of hair—hence the bonus drop. That could explain why she took only the kibble layer off the top on her first pass. She needed to make room for the rest. But as we know, dry alone doesn’t work for her. We brushed yesterday. We brush daily. Time to get that moisture brush. Because what we’re doing is clearly not good enough.
I don't think Betty's is in any way resembling Taylor's. :insertevillaugh: But we do know Taylor loves cats. So she may well have much in common with us. ;)

IDK how much good brushing by any method will, would, or could eliminate that type of eliminations 😑 because Spring has sprung and with it, the sheddies. No matter how we try, we cannot keep them completely at bay.