Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She loves a good brushing. So that won’t be a problem.

She’s off this morning. She usually gets at least a two hour nap after her dose. But I couldn’t manage it. I was cold. And hungry/nauseated. I hate that feeling. I’m sure Betty knows it too.

I finally got up for my breakfast usually the sound of me rustling through the freezer bag of veggie sausage and setting the microwave timer summons her for a treat. But it didn’t this time. She just lay there on the bed.

I got her to come to the floor and even sniff her breakfast a couple times. But no dice. I even tried to put a couple morsels on the carpet. Still no dice.

I don’t like treats before eats. But I also think this might still be salvaged. Dad swears by CBD when he’s nauseated. So I put a couple drops of her oil on a Greenies treat. She hesitated at first. But eventually picked it up. I wish it was this easy to get her other meds into her.

My breakfast is done and she’s back to napping in my lap.

No idea how this is going to play out.
Hopefully things will look up, for you both. CATurday is not a day for stuff like this.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*maybe Betty wants you to change the channel?*:angrycat:
BEEFSQUATCH!

Are you suggesting Betty isn’t a Bob’s Burgers fan?

Also, look at this! She’s at the food and finally fooding! 🍔👍
AB11C32E-1053-4FBE-8338-D677AFD08CE6.jpeg
Oh look at that. There’s the Cauldryn almost boxed up and ready to go back. Which carrier did you send the HDD back with? I feel like USPS may not be the cheapest when it comes to packages.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BEEFSQUATCH!

Are you suggesting Betty isn’t a Bob’s Burgers fan?

Also, look at this! She’s at the food and finally fooding! 🍔👍
View attachment 471734
Oh look at that. There’s the Cauldryn almost boxed up and ready to go back. Which carrier did you send the HDD back with? I feel like USPS may not be the cheapest when it comes to packages.
Well, I haven't had the opPURR-TUNA-ty to ask her. Just a wild guess. She may be more inclined to enjoy insectivorous or avian content.
Hoping that plate is ready to put back in the stack by now.
newegg uses UPS. So brown it was.
*BTW, who IS that smiling face over in the right corner?*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*BTW, who IS that smiling face over in the right corner?*
Which smiling face? Which picture? Wait. That’s in quotes. Is that Betty asking? That was actually a camera shot from another room. When Betty eats, I hide so I don’t distract her. She’s better these days. But when I first got her, she often purrferred fuss over food.

Plates are clean. She’s righted herself. 😺👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which smiling face? Which picture? Wait. That’s in quotes. Is that Betty asking? That was actually a camera shot from another room. When Betty eats, I hide so I don’t distract her. She’s better these days. But when I first got her, she often purrferred fuss over food.

Plates are clean. She’s righted herself. 😺👍
All the way to the right. On the bed. And no, that's my inquiring mind wanting to know.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the way to the right. On the bed. And no, that's my inquiring mind wanting to know.
On the bed, there is just bedding. But in the “spotlight” (night vision LED on the Bookcase camera) is Betty’s shark cave.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a taring error. She gets on and it reads 8 something. So I pushed her off (sorry girl) and re-tared. It momentarily read -0.54 (adjusted the towel) before Betty started back towards the treats . Wasn’t going to push her off a second time or she wouldn’t come back. So if we add 0.54 to this reading, that’s 9.82. Remarkably stable. 😻👍
DA93CB3B-C76A-4DDD-BA2E-B454A02EAA18.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a taring error. She gets on and it reads 8 something. So I pushed her off (sorry girl) and re-tared. It momentarily read -0.54 (adjusted the towel) before Betty started back towards the treats . Wasn’t going to push her off a second time or she wouldn’t come back. So if we add 0.54 to this reading, that’s 9.82. Remarkably stable. 😻👍
View attachment 471771
Good girl, Betty! *If anyone calls you a holy tarer, hiss at 'em!* :angrycat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping you are both eating well and enjoying quality time together. :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob:
Work has been kicking my butt lately.

It's been a blessedly uneventful week on the Betty front.

She once again tried to sit on my head the other morning after breakfast. "Too early to put my thinking cat on!"

She also had a 4am poop zoom opera this morning. "Couldn't wait 45 minutes when my alarm goes off for your breakfast?"

I appreciate that she can use the bathroom without me. I just wish she could do it without telling me about it afterwards. She's also not on a regular 24 hour schedule. So I get to look forward to those operas coming at any hour. Still, if that's the tradeoff to not have to take her outside in the cold or the rain, then sing away little lady!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work has been kicking my butt lately.

It's been a blessedly uneventful week on the Betty front.

She once again tried to sit on my head the other morning after breakfast. "Too early to put my thinking cat on!"

She also had a 4am poop zoom opera this morning. "Couldn't wait 45 minutes when my alarm goes off for your breakfast?"

I appreciate that she can use the bathroom without me. I just wish she could do it without telling me about it afterwards. She's also not on a regular 24 hour schedule. So I get to look forward to those operas coming at any hour. Still, if that's the tradeoff to not have to take her outside in the cold or the rain, then sing away little lady!
Sorry about work. Hope it gets better soon!!!

Yeah, I empathize. Elvis will attempt to sit on my head, but manages to pull my almost-non-existent hair, at which point I "OWWWWW!" and move out from under him, at which point he leaves in a huff.:angrycat:
He doesn't have a cam and he doesn't yodel at me at night, but he's got a new habit I am not overjoyed about -- last thing at night, after I make the rounds of his favorite boxes and clean them, he invariably goes in and christens one, or both, anew. :please::sigh: Sometimes I grumble at him, "I guess I should just stand around with the rubbish bin in one hand and the scoop in the other, waiting on Your Royal Highness.":sniffle:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping there's some light visible in the tunnel. Coding is a high-stress, if rewarding, career, and IDK what your specific stresses are right now, but I do know that tech is changing faster than a lot of people are comfortable with, and the demands are likewise changing. Challenge is great. But when it goes beyond challenge, it's not.
Hoping Ms. Betty weighs in well and that you have a good taproom-and-burger break, if you haven't already.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another taring error. She got on before it finished taring.
A8801A4E-533E-45E7-861D-CF7E1BAAA770.jpeg

Luckily it tared before she got off. I was able to get a negative reading when she did.
8B2D81CD-B634-4737-8529-AFA40AEB3D90.jpeg
That looks consistent with the past few weeks.😻👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another taring error. She got on before it finished taring.
View attachment 472133

Luckily it tared before she got off. I was able to get a negative reading when she did.
View attachment 472134
That looks consistent with the past few weeks.😻👍
Yes. Betty may be an angel. But she does not weigh nothing. ;)
Looks like a good weigh-in after all.
Hope things are going better for you.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooops! Betty squirmed and wore her evening dose on her chest. It's quite a daring Oscars red carpet look! I knew I missed and we had to do this again. Second dose did not miss. After I did a brief syringes clean up (gives her a chance to pout), I came back to sit with her and gave her as much fuss as I could while also trying to dry off and maybe remove some of that first dose from her chest. "Sorry girl! When it dries, we'll brush it out." I know she would rather let that get crusty and rotten than groom it herself. And I don't want her double-dosing herself later even if she would. So that's what I have to look forward to later tonight. At least I'm not wiping a nose or a butt.

She rolled with the time change very well. I mean to her, she was getting breakfast (and the foul!) an hour earlier. Everyone else moans about losing an hour of sleep (and seeing 3:50 on the stove clock was rather jarring for me), but she got an earlier breakfast! And since it was a Sunday, she also got an extra hour of third sleep with me because I only have the light "alarms" (artificial sunrise) during the week.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooops! Betty squirmed and wore her evening dose on her chest. It's quite a daring Oscars red carpet look! I knew I missed and we had to do this again. Second dose did not miss. After I did a brief syringes clean up (gives her a chance to pout), I came back to sit with her and gave her as much fuss as I could while also trying to dry off and maybe remove some of that first dose from her chest. "Sorry girl! When it dries, we'll brush it out." I know she would rather let that get crusty and rotten than groom it herself. And I don't want her double-dosing herself later even if she would. So that's what I have to look forward to later tonight. At least I'm not wiping a nose or a butt.

She rolled with the time change very well. I mean to her, she was getting breakfast (and the foul!) an hour earlier. Everyone else moans about losing an hour of sleep (and seeing 3:50 on the stove clock was rather jarring for me), but she got an earlier breakfast! And since it was a Sunday, she also got an extra hour of third sleep with me because I only have the light "alarms" (artificial sunrise) during the week.
An earlier breakfast, a good roll, and hopefully a happy Oppy dance :goldstar:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An earlier breakfast, a good roll, and hopefully a happy Oppy dance :goldstar:
Speaking of earlier breakfast...

On a Tuesday that the team meeting was cancelled, Betty decided to mow down her breakfast directly after the pouting rather than have a gaba nap first. I wasn't sure she would make it to lunch having polished that plate so early.

Whether it's breakfast or dinner shift, I'm finding that about half the time, I have to medicate her and she's in her cave. I used to just reach in and grab her. But lately, I've been taking advantage of her sweet nature. I sit on the floor and either pull out my phone or some baseball cards and wait for her to come to me. I make sure she sees me come in with that syringe so I'm not always tricking her into an ambush. So we're not doing meds like we used to, but she's still sweet on me and we make meds work for her. She doesn't like the taking of the meds, but she enjoys sitting with me for scritches afterwards in the evening and for a third sleep snuggle in the morning.

I think I have some sneaky Covid or something. Sore throat, an underpowered cough, and not much else. No fever or nose stuff. 🙏 And no muscle pains or GI stuff either. Just a nagging throat and a naggier wimp of a cough. If I take a sick day or not, the exposure to others is the same. And right now, it's not disruptive enough to take the day off. My only Covid test had a June 2023 expiration date. I would have trusted it with a positive result. But I don't trust the negative result to be accurate.