Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah. She’s done with the scale this week. We’ll try again next Sunday. She had her first chance to do it willingly. She did. Except the scale was reading only half what it should. Second try was a catch, carry, and plop. She didn’t stay so it was another lift, plop, please stay. Fine. Close enough. See you next week. 😾🤦🏼‍♂️

Here’s your pictures:
View attachment 470719View attachment 470720
Yes. Two tries is enough. Now, a well-deserved comfy nap. :hearthrob: :zzzcat::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:barf::doh2:
I don’t like this developing pattern. Another Tuesday. Another barf. Best I can tell is that she’s even more upset about those early morning team meetings than I am. This morning’s started at 7am. She didn’t start on breakfast until 8 am when the meeting was over. She simply skimmed the dry food off the top. And that alone did not agree with her.

For next week, I have to figure out how to get her to eat earlier. Or maybe reduce/eliminate the kibble for that one meal. And/or attend the meeting by headphones. I tried going into the office. But she simply joined me in the office skipping breakfast. I don’t want her to have a few more weeks of these. But at least when the clocks shift, this meeting should go back to a late night meeting. Betty is on tummy rest this morning and will get her next meal just as soon as my 11am meeting lets out.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She gave the eyes while I was fixing my second cup of coffee. I felt bad about taking her breakfast away and she hasn’t shown any big nausea signs (drinking lots of water or looking for inappropriate things to eat) so I halved her remainder (don’t want her overeating right now) and set that back out for her. She went right for it.

We may have to skip third sleep on Tuesdays or wake even earlier for the meeting to allow her to eat before all those voices join our living room.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She gave the eyes while I was fixing my second cup of coffee. I felt bad about taking her breakfast away and she hasn’t shown any big nausea signs (drinking lots of water or looking for inappropriate things to eat) so I halved her remainder (don’t want her overeating right now) and set that back out for her. She went right for it.

We may have to skip third sleep on Tuesdays or wake even earlier for the meeting to allow her to eat before all those voices join our living room.
Elvis has been acting differently, too, since I've had all these contractors in the house. Cats are far more sensitive than (most) people and (most) cats don't seem to like strangers in their space, whether physically or virtually. You're probably right on point in diagnosing Betty's reluctance and deposit/return. Hope it corrects, and she's able to eat calmly and keep her food!!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a very spirited poop zooms just before my 11am. Clearly she's feeling better. I plated about 80% of her normal portion (25 grams instead of 30) for lunch. She's already finished half before first nap.

I got my Cauldryn Coffee Pro and I'm already wanting to send it back. I just haven't worked up the courage to contact what has been described by others as non-existent customer support. The battery arrived defective. They say it takes 20 minutes to boil water. It's actually closer to 30 minutes when I used the desktop base (plugged in.) On battery, I wouldn't know. The battery that is advertised as a 10 hour battery doesn't last 20 minutes. The highest I've gotten before the battery died was 160-something F. It doesn't support USB charging and it doesn't support passthrough charging. That means when the battery dies, you have a choice of charging the battery or switching to the desktop base, but not both at the same time. They really want you to either buy another battery or another charging pack. I might if I thought the product was worth it. There is also no interface except the app. The older model actually looks like a better build and a better interface. If I can get my money back from this one, I'll go after-market for an older model.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a very spirited poop zooms just before my 11am. Clearly she's feeling better. I plated about 80% of her normal portion (25 grams instead of 30) for lunch. She's already finished half before first nap.

I got my Cauldryn Coffee Pro and I'm already wanting to send it back. I just haven't worked up the courage to contact what has been described by others as non-existent customer support. The battery arrived defective. They say it takes 20 minutes to boil water. It's actually closer to 30 minutes when I used the desktop base (plugged in.) On battery, I wouldn't know. The battery that is advertised as a 10 hour battery doesn't last 20 minutes. The highest I've gotten before the battery died was 160-something F. It doesn't support USB charging and it doesn't support passthrough charging. That means when the battery dies, you have a choice of charging the battery or switching to the desktop base, but not both at the same time. They really want you to either buy another battery or another charging pack. I might if I thought the product was worth it. There is also no interface except the app. The older model actually looks like a better build and a better interface. If I can get my money back from this one, I'll go after-market for an older model.
This is pretty much the case with most stuff now. On the positive side, be glad it's only a coffeemaker. I'm having MAJOR problems with an entity whose website, chat, and phone were inoperational during the window of opportunity to give them their blood money. Got in touch with someone who told me they were updating their site. Okay, but what about us? Then I get several mailings threatening me unless I pay them. BUT...I DID pay them. Via snailmail. The only way I conceivably COULD pay them with all of the above going on.
I have another snailmail going out to them, but no mail pickup yesterday. In the meantime I check on my delivery coming, possibly, later today, including ANOTHER mailing from them. Do I get to guess what this one might contain?:cringe::fear::gaah:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, it was another mailing JUST EXACTLY like the last one, demanding my payment by a certain date, 18 days ago.
WHAT are these people ON, I wonder???
Elvis and Betty know that whatever it is, they want nothing to do with it.:doh2: :noway:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty bounced back brilliantly yesterday.

So much so that her evening dose also bounced back. 🤦‍♂️

I don't know how that happens. I think maybe she needed that dose because her eating was a bit less last night. She was also much more scarce. My nom goblin was gobblin her noms when I was asleep and heading back to the office. I didn't see her until breakfast dose. Then we laid down for third sleep at 5am. At 7:30am, she was up for her first pass on breakfast. That seems about normal. Next Tuesday, I'm thinking I set my meeting alarm for 6:30 instead of 6:45 so that I have more time to encourage her to eat before the 7am.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty bounced back brilliantly yesterday.

So much so that her evening dose also bounced back. 🤦‍♂️

I don't know how that happens. I think maybe she needed that dose because her eating was a bit less last night. She was also much more scarce. My nom goblin was gobblin her noms when I was asleep and heading back to the office. I didn't see her until breakfast dose. Then we laid down for third sleep at 5am. At 7:30am, she was up for her first pass on breakfast. That seems about normal. Next Tuesday, I'm thinking I set my meeting alarm for 6:30 instead of 6:45 so that I have more time to encourage her to eat before the 7am.
Excellent!
Good plan. :agree:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
woke from a radiator nap to a couple of snarfle sneezes. She seems no worse for the wear. But when you have a cat who’s prone to “return to sender”, just about any aberrant noise puts me on high alert.

Got her gabapentin refilled the other day. No drama. Called in the morning and picked it up at lunch. Between that and the almost instant appointment we got for her smog check (semi-annual check up plus mandatory rabies vax to renew her registration), it feels like some things are getting back to normal.

Still haven’t contacted Cauldryn about their ugly mug. Their mug really is ugly. That’s not a euphemism. 🥸🤣

I absolutely adore the fact that Betty can recognize the morning headphones go on for my call and she heads out of the office. Daddy’s busy. I’ll get lunch after.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
woke from a radiator nap to a couple of snarfle sneezes. She seems no worse for the wear. But when you have a cat who’s prone to “return to sender”, just about any aberrant noise puts me on high alert.

Got her gabapentin refilled the other day. No drama. Called in the morning and picked it up at lunch. Between that and the almost instant appointment we got for her smog check (semi-annual check up plus mandatory rabies vax to renew her registration), it feels like some things are getting back to normal.

Still haven’t contacted Cauldryn about their ugly mug. Their mug really is ugly. That’s not a euphemism. 🥸🤣

I absolutely adore the fact that Betty can recognize the morning headphones go on for my call and she heads out of the office. Daddy’s busy. I’ll get lunch after.
Yeah, I know the feeling. Always on high alert.
But those are good things. Bask in the "normal" while you can. I know THAT feeling, too.
That entity that mailed and mailed and mailed and threatened, did cash my check. I have the proof. So. Give me the receipt, so to speak. If I can get out from under this stack of bills, I'll be happy for awhile, maybe.
Hope that smog check results in a certificate of compliance. ;)
Yeah, it is ugly. I agree. If it did what it was supposed to do, I could mostly overlook that. But...:sigh:
I call this day Fried Day. It's the day before CATurday. Hope it results in a good lunch. :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooof!

She ate her lunch and then gave it right back. With it, there was a hairball. She didn't even make a noise. It came out so easily like a chunky sneeze. And then she scratched at the carpet and moved along. I wouldn't have believed it could have been so easy if I hadn't seen it happen in front of me (just outside the office door.) It's been awhile since I've seen a hairball. So this is her one a month for this month. I just wish it wasn't following so closely on two regurgitations. Slow down, Betty. I haven't even finished paying for your smog check. I might see if I can sneak a little Vitality Science Feline Comfort into a meal or three to see if there's something in there that can soothe her cranky gut before it gets any crankier.

I spent a good half hour on the floor with her sleeving baseball cards, and giving her rubs until she got bored of the cards, and moved on to her next shift--likely a little birdwatching and then a nap.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooof!

She ate her lunch and then gave it right back. With it, there was a hairball. She didn't even make a noise. It came out so easily like a chunky sneeze. And then she scratched at the carpet and moved along. I wouldn't have believed it could have been so easy if I hadn't seen it happen in front of me (just outside the office door.) It's been awhile since I've seen a hairball. So this is her one a month for this month. I just wish it wasn't following so closely on two regurgitations. Slow down, Betty. I haven't even finished paying for your smog check. I might see if I can sneak a little Vitality Science Feline Comfort into a meal or three to see if there's something in there that can soothe her cranky gut before it gets any crankier.

I spent a good half hour on the floor with her sleeving baseball cards, and giving her rubs until she got bored of the cards, and moved on to her next shift--likely a little birdwatching and then a nap.
Is this new to you and Betty, or have you given it to her before and if so, with what results, if any? She's almost through the month so that's not bad to have her once-a-month now. The silent ones do happen, as do the ones following urps.
Yeah, unless she likes to chew on those cards -- and somehow, I doubt she has the opportunity :nono:-- those would get boring pretty quickly. Hope she does get a good birdshow. And nap.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this new to you and Betty, or have you given it to her before and if so, with what results, if any? She's almost through the month so that's not bad to have her once-a-month now. The silent ones do happen, as do the ones following urps.
Yeah, unless she likes to chew on those cards -- and somehow, I doubt she has the opportunity :nono:-- those would get boring pretty quickly. Hope she does get a good birdshow. And nap.
Krista got Feline Comfort and it was hard to tell how well it was working with all that was going on with her. I don't know if I seriously tried it with Betty because she was such a picky eater for so long that I didn't want to put anything in her food that might turn her off.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista got Feline Comfort and it was hard to tell how well it was working with all that was going on with her. I don't know if I seriously tried it with Betty because she was such a picky eater for so long that I didn't want to put anything in her food that might turn her off.
So, what's the verdict? I remember talking over the possible benefits of diatomaceous earth with others here.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, what's the verdict? I remember talking over the possible benefits of diatomaceous earth with others here.
No diatomaceous earth in Feline Comfort. It's sort of a super set of a few of their other products: pet flora, super enzymes, psyllium, and slippery elm.
Feline Comfort

I'll see if I can sneak a little into dinner. She should be hungry enough having given back lunch.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah. That's the "Plus" formula.
Hope this version helps!
The plus version contains DE. Betty doesn't need DE. She doesn't need psyllium for that matter either.

Poor Betty. I hope the no-good-ness of her day has finally passed. Her evening dose bounced. Not sure how that happens. But I got a small amount back in my face. Then she sat there for several minutes swallowing hard and licking her lips like the dose she did get went down sideways. Don't ask me how that happens with a liquid. She ate her treat flight and is sleeping it all off in her cave behind me in the office.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo! She isn’t touching dinner. I don’t think it’s the tiny amount of feline comfort in it. She wasn’t interested in dinner before she went over and sniffed it. She’s had a couple treats and a couple kibbles since her hairball and that’s it. Oh and a bouncing dose. I think it’s 50/50 whether she’s going to eat again or barf again. 😳😬