Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH, but how can you???
I can’t ice cube her like that. I was dubious whether she might like an ice cube or not until she went chin up as if to make a special request. I figure if she didn’t like it, she would get up and walk away.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She went out to the front room and snacked from the feeder. Then when she was done, I set the Beast to run for 30 minutes before Flex Alert time kicked in. As soon as The Beast switched off, she went back into the front room to finish her feeder portion. She is definitely dragging along in this heat. But she’s doing great on the eating front. She even came up onto the kitchen counter for the lunch shift. It’s been awhile since she joined me on the counter.

And now we’re going to boil in the direct sunlight as the sun sets into our unit for the next five hours until either Flex Alert time is over or the outside cools off to below the inside.
🥵

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She went out to the front room and snacked from the feeder. Then when she was done, I set the Beast to run for 30 minutes before Flex Alert time kicked in. As soon as The Beast switched off, she went back into the front room to finish her feeder portion. She is definitely dragging along in this heat. But she’s doing great on the eating front. She even came up onto the kitchen counter for the lunch shift. It’s been awhile since she joined me on the counter.

And now we’re going to boil in the direct sunlight as the sun sets into our unit for the next five hours until either Flex Alert time is over or the outside cools off to below the inside.
🥵
Believe me, I know the feeling. Before our roomies moved in, I couldn't afford to run the HVAC and we sweltered all summer long. *Much empathy.* Can you remember cool weather? I do, vaguely...and rain, too. I dream about them. It's 5:01 p.m. and 99F here now.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe me, I know the feeling. Before our roomies moved in, I couldn't afford to run the HVAC and we sweltered all summer long. *Much empathy.* Can you remember cool weather? I do, vaguely...and rain, too. I dream about them. It's 5:01 p.m. and 99F here now.
5:30 and 103. 🥵

It will be about 9 pm when the outside finally gets cooler than the inside. It will be 82 outside and probably 85 inside. 🤦🏼‍♂️

We had a pleasant summer for most of the summer. It was like the days got stuck in the 80’s but the nights cooled off quick enough that an open deck door at night would cool off the place. I figured we would have to pay for all those “moderate” days at some point. I just wasn’t expecting the bill to come due all at once. In September.

Now I can’t really open the deck door until I’m ready for bed. I may just run the Beast for 30 minutes at bedtime tonight as much as it bothers Betty. She can hide in the office until it shuts off.

She’s doing a fantastic job on eating today. 🐷👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5:30 and 103. 🥵

It will be about 9 pm when the outside finally gets cooler than the inside. It will be 82 outside and probably 85 inside. 🤦🏼‍♂️

We had a pleasant summer for most of the summer. It was like the days got stuck in the 80’s but the nights cooled off quick enough that an open deck door at night would cool off the place. I figured we would have to pay for all those “moderate” days at some point. I just wasn’t expecting the bill to come due all at once. In September.

Now I can’t really open the deck door until I’m ready for bed. I may just run the Beast for 30 minutes at bedtime tonight as much as it bothers Betty. She can hide in the office until it shuts off.

She’s doing a fantastic job on eating today. 🐷👍
My mom used to say she felt sorry for the kids going back to school in September, because here, it's the hottest month.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey you wondered aloud awhile ago what a mini split was, and I’m sorry, I never got back to you. They are heaters AND air conditioners, and come in a variety of prices and sizes. I realize there are all sorts of obstacles in the way of a renter from obtaining one but they are heaven and Miss Betty would adore one. Also incredibly quiet. Most landlords I know are none too friendly to suggestions but who knows? They would certainly make all of his/her tenants happy.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey you wondered aloud awhile ago what a mini split was, and I’m sorry, I never got back to you. They are heaters AND air conditioners, and come in a variety of prices and sizes. I realize there are all sorts of obstacles in the way of a renter from obtaining one but they are heaven and Miss Betty would adore one. Also incredibly quiet. Most landlords I know are none too friendly to suggestions but who knows? They would certainly make all of his/her tenants happy.
I am in a rent controlled unit in one of the most expensive zip codes in the country. I am not looking to rock the boat or provide them with enough material improvements justification to raise rents above their 5% maximum increase. In San Jose, we get maybe a few days each year that are truly this miserable. The rest of the year is bearable to pleasant. We’re nearly through it. Tomorrow should be only in the 90’s with more moderate 80’s returning for the weekend. And into the 70’s 🙀 next week.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a rent controlled unit in one of the most expensive zip codes in the country. I am not looking to rock the boat or provide them with enough material improvements justification to raise rents above their 5% maximum increase. In San Jose, we get maybe a few days each year that are truly this miserable. The rest of the year is bearable to pleasant. We’re nearly through it. Tomorrow should be only in the 90’s with more moderate 80’s returning for the weekend. And into the 70’s 🙀 next week.
Hooray for cooler weather coming! hang in there Betty!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray for cooler weather coming! hang in there Betty!
She was pancaked on the office floor. 🥵

I grabbed an ice cube for her and she went belly up and purred and showed me her chin and then elevator booty. She adored the ice cube.

“I can’t give you more pets or I’ll wipe the water off you. You need it to evaporate on its own to cool you down.”

I gave her a kiss and told her come see me when you’re up to it. About ten or fifteen minutes later, she returns to the hot front room and cleans her second dinner. I guess she’s feeling better.
😽🍕🍔🌮🌭🍗

Fat and happy she’s gone off to the office for after meal privacy. 🐷💤

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
They have them in here, for some of the offices.. I wish I could get one.. It would make so much sense.. Just one--for my bedroom...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much am I feeding this one? 🐷🤦🏼‍♂️

I switched up her box. I’ll bring the old one back. I just wanted to see if she was up for a tight fit challenge. She’s like, “It’s a little small. It will do.”
FECE1ECB-76B1-45C0-9F1D-D1E841F0720C.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75 are you at least a little cooler up there?

I’d heard bad stories about San Jose’s problems with its local power system. Hope Everyone gets a respite soon.
Yes. Today was much cooler. Overcast and low 80, high 70’s. Our corner of the grid thankfully survived the heat wave without any issues.

Not much to report here. Things are going smoothly. She’s still preferring the slightly cooler office to the warmer front room. I’m okay with that. I don’t need a lap warmer until we can shed a few more degrees in here.

Tomorrow night I will start the pred taper. She’ll go from 5 mg to 3.75. We’ll try that for two weeks and reevaluate where to go from there. 🤞

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Really rooting
Yes. Today was much cooler. Overcast and low 80, high 70’s. Our corner of the grid thankfully survived the heat wave without any issues.

Not much to report here. Things are going smoothly. She’s still preferring the slightly cooler office to the warmer front room. I’m okay with that. I don’t need a lap warmer until we can shed a few more degrees in here.

Tomorrow night I will start the pred taper. She’ll go from 5 mg to 3.75. We’ll try that for two weeks and reevaluate where to go from there. 🤞
Really rooting for your taper. My vet tells me to keep at 5mg. I wince, thinking at what this is doing to him, but honestly he poops fine, all systems go, and it’s been like this now for a very long time. Anyway, don’t want to hijack your thread, but GO BETTY! You have taper fans keeping their fingers crossed for you, and if anyone can do this right it’s Miss Betty.