Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is so vocal and hungry tonight. She must have got a fat eighth of that mirtz pill. She’d be a mess at the higher dose. I’ll feed her second dinner earlier tonight. But not this early. Hang on another thirty minutes, k?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is so vocal and hungry tonight. She must have got a fat eighth of that mirtz pill. She’d be a mess at the higher dose. I’ll feed her second dinner earlier tonight. But not this early. Hang on another thirty minutes, k?
Hoping you two had a relaxing and as-comfortable-as-possible evening/night, good food, and camaraderie for some good shows.
I think I MIGHT be feeling a tiny bit better. Too soon to say. I ate a bowl of chicken/rice/celery/shoyu soup, two small pieces of toast (what a treat!), half a banana and a cuppa herbal tea last night and so far, so good. Another bowl of soup this morning. Have to cook another cooker-full of rice today. My roomie will buy some more bananas and chicken. I've got rice and bread, so I guess I'm okay for the next few days.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping you two had a relaxing and as-comfortable-as-possible evening/night, good food, and camaraderie for some good shows.
I think I MIGHT be feeling a tiny bit better. Too soon to say. I ate a bowl of chicken/rice/celery/shoyu soup, two small pieces of toast (what a treat!), half a banana and a cuppa herbal tea last night and so far, so good. Another bowl of soup this morning. Have to cook another cooker-full of rice today. My roomie will buy some more bananas and chicken. I've got rice and bread, so I guess I'm okay for the next few days.
I hope you're both feeling better soon!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , it sounds like you're on the mend with some solid food. I've had food poisoning twice and it took several days before I was ready for much real food. It's so nice when you're ready!

daftcat75 daftcat75 , I hope Betty was able to hang on for her meal and didn't keep you up all night singing.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , it sounds like you're on the mend with some solid food. I've had food poisoning twice and it took several days before I was ready for much real food. It's so nice when you're ready!

daftcat75 daftcat75 , I hope Betty was able to hang on for her meal and didn't keep you up all night singing.
Betty was a nutcase last night. So vocal and so restless. She also seemed to be nibbling more than eating. But I think the rush eventually did pass because she left nothing but clean plates and ultimately did settle down. She still wanted her 6am snuggles. But she always wants those. And she sat with me just now while I got through my breakfast.

I feel like I get an overnight dump of toxic garbage into my bloodstream every morning now. Instead of enjoying third sleep after Betty’s breakfast, that toxic crap forces me out of bed. It takes me several hours to get over the cloud head, nausea, and poop ropes. I’m getting closer to regular again. But it’s still a few rounds in the morning to empty myself out.

I used to enjoy my mornings. I’d wake up gently from third sleep and ease into the morning in my recliner with Betty in my lap and sipping on my coffee after finishing breakfast. Now I feel like too much garbage to sit in the chair. I prop up in bed and choke down a bagel with lox and cream cheese and hope it stays down. The apartment is frigid in the mornings because it has to be for me to sleep at night. I think sleeping between those breezes is not good for me. I don’t even remember how I slept before all this. I know the bed is an issue. But I just realized that the daybed I am considering is 4” shorter than the current bed. So I will also need a new box spring. When Im feeling more up to it, I will first try to rotate my mattress which I haven’t done in years. But if that doesn’t help, I will move it off and try the Amazon twin on the current low height box. If I can get a good night sleep in the front room on the Amazon twin, I’ll order the queen and a regular size box spring.

I am making baby steps progress back to good. But still not there yet. I will be returning to work tomorrow. Thank goodness I work from home. Thank goodness I have a home office. Thank goodness I have a daybed in my home office. And thank goodness my job is more interrupt-based than task-based. Meaning after I have done some morning maintenance tasks, I can lay on the daybed until an email or chat tone beeps me back to work. I can use my phone for email. So I don’t need a lot of stamina to do my job right now. And as the advice nurse said the other morning, getting back to work could serve as a useful distraction from how slow and frustrating this recovery is. And getting back to normal requires doing my normal tasks. Fake it til I make it. Be okay with being okay until I can get back to good.

And anyway, Xfinity is telling me I’ve been streaming far too much Star Trek and I’m in danger of overage charges this month. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I need to go out for another grocery run today. Maybe that will help me ignore my struggles for a short time like it did on Thursday.

Today is day 13.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty was a nutcase last night. So vocal and so restless. She also seemed to be nibbling more than eating. But I think the rush eventually did pass because she left nothing but clean plates and ultimately did settle down. She still wanted her 6am snuggles. But she always wants those. And she sat with me just now while I got through my breakfast.

I feel like I get an overnight dump of toxic garbage into my bloodstream every morning now. Instead of enjoying third sleep after Betty’s breakfast, that toxic crap forces me out of bed. It takes me several hours to get over the cloud head, nausea, and poop ropes. I’m getting closer to regular again. But it’s still a few rounds in the morning to empty myself out.

I used to enjoy my mornings. I’d wake up gently from third sleep and ease into the morning in my recliner with Betty in my lap and sipping on my coffee after finishing breakfast. Now I feel like too much garbage to sit in the chair. I prop up in bed and choke down a bagel with lox and cream cheese and hope it stays down. The apartment is frigid in the mornings because it has to be for me to sleep at night. I think sleeping between those breezes is not good for me. I don’t even remember how I slept before all this. I know the bed is an issue. But I just realized that the daybed I am considering is 4” shorter than the current bed. So I will also need a new box spring. When Im feeling more up to it, I will first try to rotate my mattress which I haven’t done in years. But if that doesn’t help, I will move it off and try the Amazon twin on the current low height box. If I can get a good night sleep in the front room on the Amazon twin, I’ll order the queen and a regular size box spring.

I am making baby steps progress back to good. But still not there yet. I will be returning to work tomorrow. Thank goodness I work from home. Thank goodness I have a home office. Thank goodness I have a daybed in my home office. And thank goodness my job is more interrupt-based than task-based. Meaning after I have done some morning maintenance tasks, I can lay on the daybed until an email or chat tone beeps me back to work. I can use my phone for email. So I don’t need a lot of stamina to do my job right now. And as the advice nurse said the other morning, getting back to work could serve as a useful distraction from how slow and frustrating this recovery is. And getting back to normal requires doing my normal tasks. Fake it til I make it. Be okay with being okay until I can get back to good.

And anyway, Xfinity is telling me I’ve been streaming far too much Star Trek and I’m in danger of overage charges this month. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I need to go out for another grocery run today. Maybe that will help me ignore my struggles for a short time like it did on Thursday.

Today is day 13.
Sounds like you might be relapsing? on the GI stuff and/or maybe eating too much/varied, too soon? IDK, just guessing on this. I was okay for one day and then relapsed, so I'm going by that. I'm MAYBE on the mend today, but not out of the woods yet. I do not have COVID but the food poisoning problem is hanging on far longer than ever before. Really nasty stuff. And yeah, it does make it so hard to be comfortable and sleep or even just get some rest! Last night was the best night I've had in living memory :lol: and I'm up doing my work as usual today, but the feeling feverish (with no fever) and not as strong as normal is ever present. So I am going to have a resting period this afternoon if I can. If you're at all like me, work is pretty much life, and it does take the mind off being sick and all the other stuff we deal with on a daily basis. But I'm taking work a little bit easier, and definitely pacing myself on anything that might bring extreme stress, which the GI tract does NOT like or need. Baby steps is key, I agree! We want to dive right back into "normal" but I guess in both our cases, it's not that simple or that convenient.
Today is day 7 for me. Usually food poisoning is one, maybe two days and done.
Do you have live TV? There is Shark Week and also some better, more cerebral shark specials on NatGeo Wild FYI, which I've been enjoying along with the heavy rescue guys on TWC and PBS mysteries and stuff.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanking you for your thoughtfulness! I've had food poisoning too many times to count, and it's a beast. This is the worst time in terms of duration (day 7!) and I don't want to do too much to soon.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanking you for your thoughtfulness! I've had food poisoning too many times to count, and it's a beast. This is the worst time in terms of duration (day 7!) and I don't want to do too much to soon.
"Too many times to count" sounds horrible! My twice were bad enough... the first time was brutal because I was traveling for work for only a couple days, never got to do, and then had to get on a plane, where the flight attendant desperately wanted me to have breakfast, the thought of which almost made me want to get sick again.

Seven days is a lot... but at least you're up to soup and bread! And even bananas!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The advice nurse I spoke to the other week said viral gastroenteritis aka food poisoning can take up to ten days to resolve. Oof! 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think I’m relapsing as much as it is just taking that “up to ten days” to resolve. Although my nasal swab tested negative for Covid, I’m sure my wastewater would tell a different story.

I’m more or less eating normally the rest of the day. It’s just mornings have become a personal hell. I think eating a more carby/less fatty diet is not satiating me like it used to. I’ve read that when you try to fast too long (like overnight), your body burns a bit of fat to produce the energy it needs for nightly maintenance tasks. And whatever fat soluble toxins you’ve been exposed to over the years, that gets dumped into your blood with the broken down fat—one more reason for me to try to lose some fat weight when I can. I’ve started to drink a liver support tea to help with this detox process until I can get back to a higher fat dinner. I also scooped out a dollop of cream cheese and ate that at 5:30am when Betty had her breakfast. By 5:30, I was already feeling the toxic dump in my bloodstream. But I didn’t wake to quite as much garbage at 8am as prior mornings. I also think sleeping in the cross breezes may be both drying me out and giving me a little nasal drip that contributes to the feeling of morning nausea.

My poop is getting better by the day. It’s just not there yet. I take a daily s boulardii capsule to help with that. Me and Betty both take the s boulardii. 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think I’m relapsing as much as it is just taking that “up to ten days” to resolve. Although my nasal swab tested negative for Covid, I’m sure my wastewater would tell a different story.

I’m more or less eating normally the rest of the day. It’s just mornings have become a personal hell. I think eating a more carby/less fatty diet is not satiating me like it used to. I’ve read that when you try to fast too long (like overnight), your body burns a bit of fat to produce the energy it needs for nightly maintenance tasks. And whatever fat soluble toxins you’ve been exposed to over the years, that gets dumped into your blood with the broken down fat—one more reason for me to try to lose some fat weight when I can. I’ve started to drink a liver support tea to help with this detox process until I can get back to a higher fat dinner. I also scooped out a dollop of cream cheese and ate that at 5:30am when Betty had her breakfast. By 5:30, I was already feeling the toxic dump in my bloodstream. But I didn’t wake to quite as much garbage at 8am as prior mornings. I also think sleeping in the cross breezes may be both drying me out and giving me a little nasal drip that contributes to the feeling of morning nausea.

My poop is getting better by the day. It’s just not there yet. I take a daily s boulardii capsule to help with that. Me and Betty both take the s boulardii. 😹
Misery does love company. So does getting better!
Yeah, sometimes what we WANT isn't what we should have, especially when we're sick. I ate extra spicy ramen the first night. Yeah, seriously. Probably the worst possible thing to eat. But genetically, I'm a chiles-centered person and we always say it's good for us. Just not, apparently, when we have food poisoning.
What's happy for me right now is toast. I don't have a toaster, so I put a tiny bit of oil in the frying pan and do it that way. So far, sourdough and whole-wheat pita, the only breads I usually have, have done me no discernable harm.
Lunch was a lump of rice with shoyu, a toasted pita, some applesauce, and a cup of hot water. I won't even start on how much I miss vegetables. And cheese. And salsa.
So far for me today, no returns. I guess my body needs to keep it all. That's okay by me.
Nasal drip is one of the many joys of COVID, so I've read. And yeah, controlling the climate is really difficult! I'm the same way with the fan. Put on the blanket. Kick off the blanket. Feel uncomfortable with the wind blowing on me. Feel even more uncomfortable when I start feeling like I'm in a slow oven.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Too many times to count" sounds horrible! My twice were bad enough... the first time was brutal because I was traveling for work for only a couple days, never got to do, and then had to get on a plane, where the flight attendant desperately wanted me to have breakfast, the thought of which almost made me want to get sick again.

Seven days is a lot... but at least you're up to soup and bread! And even bananas!
Yeah, daftcat reminded me about the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) and I've been doing better on that than on congee (soupy rice) and hot water!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday weigh-in:
Water % back up
Fat % down to 18.5. That’s not bad. But I’d feel better at 16. I think that was my pandemic low when I was doing keto, weights, and running right after my lay off and before my current job started. Bone is almost back to pre-Covid weight. I know it’s scary to see bone mass loss. But I also know bone is a fluid calcium bank. When the body needs calcium and it doesn’t get it from diet, it takes it from bone. When it gets excess calcium from diet combined with load-bearing exercise, it banks it in the bones. Lean body mass is still depressed. Honestly, I look pretty good. I don’t recommend Covid for body sculpting. But it’s a pleasant side effect.

I went to the VCA and picked up two cases of I/D for Betty. They also told me how to get a refund on my bad AD. I take it to Betty’s home VCA and they can handle opening the ticket and getting the refund and getting that refund back to me.

Then I went grocery shopping again. I feel like my diet is going through a renaissance. I’m probably going to overdo the sodium with the heat to eats. But they’re just so good and I can’t motivate myself to actually cook just yet. I also got some carrot juice and some mango chunks in light syrup. And of course, more pickles.

Cooking tip: if you eat pickles and you like salmon, save the pickle juice for a marinade. Just let your salmon soak in the pickle juice for a day or overnight. It’s a mild but tasty flavor enhancement and a good use for that pickle juice.

I forgot Betty’s weigh-in earlier. We just did it now. She woke from a dead sleep when she heard the kibble bag open and the five or six pieces I weighed out for her (1.5 grams.). When I put the kibble on the scale, she knows the routine now and got all of herself into the cradle. Apparently the missed portions and the one she gave back because of the bad AD has not affected Miss Piggy. I am not certain what her ideal weight is. I’m not sure when we need to level off. But we’re still only aiming for 180 calories. Apparently she needs a lot less than 20 calories/lbs.

Picture upload isn’t working. Positive read was 9.64 and the negative read (zero the scale and push her off) was 9.60. Maybe the difference is how she holds her tail when she’s eating. 🤷🏼‍♂️

So yeah. Even with Betty’s returned portion her hairball, and remainders from the bad AD can, she still put on weight. 🙀🐷

I may regret this. But Betty’s done with her lunch and I haven’t had mine. I would love to try another little slice of normal again. I think I’m going to the taproom for a burger and a short beer (a 5 oz rather than a 12 oz.)

Otherwise Betty’s going to bug me for the next 2.5 hours that her plate is empty and her booty hasn’t been rubbed in the past ten minutes.
😻🍑👋🏼

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday weigh-in:
Water % back up
Fat % down to 18.5. That’s not bad. But I’d feel better at 16. I think that was my pandemic low when I was doing keto, weights, and running right after my lay off and before my current job started. Bone is almost back to pre-Covid weight. I know it’s scary to see bone mass loss. But I also know bone is a fluid calcium bank. When the body needs calcium and it doesn’t get it from diet, it takes it from bone. When it gets excess calcium from diet combined with load-bearing exercise, it banks it in the bones. Lean body mass is still depressed. Honestly, I look pretty good. I don’t recommend Covid for body sculpting. But it’s a pleasant side effect.

I went to the VCA and picked up two cases of I/D for Betty. They also told me how to get a refund on my bad AD. I take it to Betty’s home VCA and they can handle opening the ticket and getting the refund and getting that refund back to me.

Then I went grocery shopping again. I feel like my diet is going through a renaissance. I’m probably going to overdo the sodium with the heat to eats. But they’re just so good and I can’t motivate myself to actually cook just yet. I also got some carrot juice and some mango chunks in light syrup. And of course, more pickles.

Cooking tip: if you eat pickles and you like salmon, save the pickle juice for a marinade. Just let your salmon soak in the pickle juice for a day or overnight. It’s a mild but tasty flavor enhancement and a good use for that pickle juice.

I forgot Betty’s weigh-in earlier. We just did it now. She woke from a dead sleep when she heard the kibble bag open and the five or six pieces I weighed out for her (1.5 grams.). When I put the kibble on the scale, she knows the routine now and got all of herself into the cradle. Apparently the missed portions and the one she gave back because of the bad AD has not affected Miss Piggy. I am not certain what her ideal weight is. I’m not sure when we need to level off. But we’re still only aiming for 180 calories. Apparently she needs a lot less than 20 calories/lbs.

Picture upload isn’t working. Positive read was 9.64 and the negative read (zero the scale and push her off) was 9.60. Maybe the difference is how she holds her tail when she’s eating. 🤷🏼‍♂️

So yeah. Even with Betty’s returned portion her hairball, and remainders from the bad AD can, she still put on weight. 🙀🐷

I may regret this. But Betty’s done with her lunch and I haven’t had mine. I would love to try another little slice of normal again. I think I’m going to the taproom for a burger and a short beer (a 5 oz rather than a 12 oz.)

Otherwise Betty’s going to bug me for the next 2.5 hours that her plate is empty and her booty hasn’t been rubbed in the past ten minutes.
😻🍑👋🏼
Hoping your outing is pleasant!
Are you still lifting weights? Hopefully "yes" and dark green vegetables are excellent sources of calcium, so they tell me. I love collards and chard.
Betty's doing GREAT! Hope her refund/credit comes through soon.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping your outing is pleasant!
Are you still lifting weights? Hopefully "yes" and dark green vegetables are excellent sources of calcium, so they tell me. I love collards and chard.
Betty's doing GREAT! Hope her refund/credit comes through soon.
I had stopped lifting weights before Betty. But since I’ve had her, it seems impossible. I need a weight bench. Because anything done on the floor, and I’m going to get Betty bunted. Yoga is more like wrestling with her. I try to do down dog, and Betty fills the void I create. It really challenges me to not slip and crush her. If my face is in range, I’m getting bunted. I had been working through Kaiser’s back pain stretches and strengthening exercises and she is a terror with the bird dogs. I want to get back to that and work up to bridge dumbbell presses.

I have a spreadsheet where I enter in my wishlist purchases like new bed, weight bench, keyboard tray, self-heating coffee mug, etc. It keeps me from buying these things as soon as I want them. But it also means a lot of things I should have bought by now has been stuck in wishlist jail for now. Weight bench has been stuck in wishlist jail since the beginning of the pandemic. Do you have a brand/bench recommendation?

Betty’s vet bills has also been a big reason I haven’t made progress on my wishlist purchases. 😿🤦🏼‍♂️😔

Weight bench and bed are probably the two I would like to get to this year. Maybe sooner.

Oh. And because of all the Betty bills, I am a few months behind on my retirement savings (above and beyond my regular 401k contributions.)

I shouldn’t throw Betty under the bus like that. I also spend a lot on baseball cards. There’s a few vintage sets I’ve been working on since the pandemic started. I probably spend too much there as a budget category. But it’s not like I’m spending on eating out or going out. Not like I used to. And before the pandemic, I could drop a big sum on a dance weekend. So my baseball card purchases bring me joy and fill the void that dancing used to fill. I have an alternate Instagram account for my baseball cards that helps me share my hobby with likeminded folks. And every Caturday, I have a crossover post where I line up some of my purchases for the week in front of a hungry Betty and capture a feed me roar that looks like she’s smiling at the week’s haul. 😹
C588D789-5E4D-4946-9849-51DE9E0E1586.jpeg 17A26D9C-F7F4-4D84-8479-3A571E1AB9EF.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had stopped lifting weights before Betty. But since I’ve had her, it seems impossible. I need a weight bench. Because anything done on the floor, and I’m going to get Betty bunted. Yoga is more like wrestling with her. I try to do down dog, and Betty fills the void I create. It really challenges me to not slip and crush her. If my face is in range, I’m getting bunted. I had been working through Kaiser’s back pain stretches and strengthening exercises and she is a terror with the bird dogs. I want to get back to that and work up to bridge dumbbell presses.

I have a spreadsheet where I enter in my wishlist purchases like new bed, weight bench, keyboard tray, self-heating coffee mug, etc. It keeps me from buying these things as soon as I want them. But it also means a lot of things I should have bought by now has been stuck in wishlist jail for now. Weight bench has been stuck in wishlist jail since the beginning of the pandemic. Do you have a brand/bench recommendation?

Betty’s vet bills has also been a big reason I haven’t made progress on my wishlist purchases. 😿🤦🏼‍♂️😔

Weight bench and bed are probably the two I would like to get to this year. Maybe sooner.

Oh. And because of all the Betty bills, I am a few months behind on my retirement savings (above and beyond my regular 401k contributions.)

I shouldn’t throw Betty under the bus like that. I also spend a lot on baseball cards. There’s a few vintage sets I’ve been working on since the pandemic started. I probably spend too much there as a budget category. But it’s not like I’m spending on eating out or going out. Not like I used to. And before the pandemic, I could drop a big sum on a dance weekend. So my baseball card purchases bring me joy and fill the void that dancing used to fill. I have an alternate Instagram account for my baseball cards that helps me share my hobby with likeminded folks. And every Caturday, I have a crossover post where I line up some of my purchases for the week in front of a hungry Betty and capture a feed me roar that looks like she’s smiling at the week’s haul. 😹
View attachment 427209View attachment 427211
Adorable!!! And don't beat yourself up over some small pleasures -- Betty gets some, you get some, everyone's happy!
I used to go out ALL the time, restaurants all weekend, sometimes two films, concerts, museums sometimes, flying (ex was a private pilot and airport was close by) designer clothes, jewelry, you name it. BIG change since then but I always said I wanted to have all the fun when I was really young, when I could really enjoy it. A quiet life now is what I want. I have one of those lists, too.
I got my weight bench and freeweights at Dick's yonks ago. Not expensive at all. I don't see a brand on it but it's just a basic-basic bench. I'm sure they cost quite a bit more now, but they're lifetime investments healthwise and you never have to replace them. A very affectionate cat, though, may be an obstacle, as you say, unless she could spend a little time in the other room while you work out? I've had May I suggest checking out IKEA for beds? In case you haven't and want to. Mattresses have a 20-25 year warranty and there are so many bed styles if you want the frame as well. I have the MALM bed and 2 6-drawer dressers in the oak finish. Really nice, minimalist, and they'll always be in style. You have one in East Palo Alto in case you're interested. It's a lot of fun if you've never been, and may I recommend the food -- reasonable, clean, healthy, and really good. The coffee is amazing, too, and you can buy it for home use. Their vegetarian meatballs are one of my favorite things. And you can buy a bag of those to take home, too.
I have a few baseball cards but they're packed away so I can't tell you which ones I have.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just melting with the cuteness thing here. Glad you are on the mend!
You too! Hope the taproom was good? Or haven't you gone yet?
Wishing you and Betty a good, comfortable evening/night!
I just looked at a video about hacks for better sleep. It says to angle the fan toward the ceiling to cool the room quickly. Maybe?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You too! Hope the taproom was good? Or haven't you gone yet?
Wishing you and Betty a good, comfortable evening/night!
I just looked at a video about hacks for better sleep. It says to angle the fan toward the ceiling to cool the room quickly. Maybe?
Color me dumb. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I forgot I could tilt these fans. I need to try that just as soon as Betty is finished with dinner here. That would be so much nicer if I could sleep in a cool room without direct breezes on me.

Betty is such a pro with her medicine and med meals these days. She scoops up the capsules on the first try and it seems like she knows, ah, that rice grain that doesn’t taste like a rice grain. Better swallow it or he’ll keep trying to feed it to me. Then I put down her dish and sing to her, “you’re such a pro, such a pro, here you go!” 🎶 And in return, she cleans a plate for me.
image.jpg
There’s a few grams remaining that I will fluff for her and place in her usual feeding spot. Those will be gone before second dinner. It’s the same like this for breakfast too. 🐷👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taproom was great. I’m not back to normal. But back to good enough. Instead of the usual 12 oz plus one or two 5 oz after. I just had a couple 5 oz. I know and like all the taptenders there and there’s always a seat at the bar for me. It’s like my own Cheers. They have it worked out where those not seated at the bar need to go to a separate area to order. So it doesn’t feel like a bar with everyone shouting and coughing their Covid over my shoulder. Anyone who is hovering behind me, I can simply tell them, “when you know what you want, you order over there 👉

I feel reborn. Yes, I am still struggling with the recovery. But I faced down my biggest fear of the last two and half years and made my way through it. Mostly. And on the other side, I’m eating better. Betty is eating better. I lost weight and look better. And while I’m still going to mask up and distance when I can, I feel like I have an immunity card for at least a few months. Until the next variant anyway.

And wow! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this. But pointing the fans above me makes it so much more comfortable than having the direct breeze. I look forward to seeing how this sleeps.

It turns out the big Dyson doesn’t have a tilt. But Betty doesn’t use the Katris. So I simply elevated its placement.
61071C3D-E00E-47A6-A216-4901F7981517.jpeg 774AF915-CC26-4E7C-A371-C64AED82E5EA.jpeg
Elevating the breeze above me also means I can turn it up without being freezed out. I’ve never had that big Dyson blowing at an 8 before. 🙀😎👍