Introducing a new kitten to my current litter of kittens

NovaAutumn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Londyn. She is around 3 months old.
IMG_3245.JPG

She is the only kitten to survive her litter. We have been trying to catch her mother to get her spayed, but not having luck. This little feral was small and easy enough to catch at feeding time, and old enough for spay, that I brought her into the house. I was amazed how quickly she started to trust me by the end of the first day. Now she willingly gets into my lap and loves to snuggle.

I have a current litter of kittens that are 2 1/2 months old. I was hoping she would fit in with the others but she growls and hisses at the other kittens. I always supervise the visits to make sure no one gets too rowdy or hurt (so far, so good) and the 2 groups stay in different rooms. Any tips for a smoother transition?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Growling and hissing are perfectly okay. They express boundaries and teach limits to other cats. As long as the kittens are giving her space when she hisses it is okay. The only thing to do I watch for actual fighting and step in likes Mom would if the kids take it too far. She needs to basically learn how to interact with other kittens and needs the freedom to figure it out.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka is 100% right. You do not need to worry about it or separate kittens this young. Just let them do their thing and they will be friends before you know it. Guarantied.

Kittens never take more than a week or so to adapt to pretty much anything, and usually much less. And they won't try to hurt each other, so its totally fine to let them work it out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... London is adorable. :catlove: Thanks for giving her a home. :petcat: