Introducing A Cat To An Established Household

phelana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alfred has been with me since he was born, 2004. He lived in Bonaire until this AM. He came to the US as I am selling my home. My Cape Cod home has a 3/4 year old fixed New Bedford rescue, who has been in my home since 2017. Also my 13+ year old Bonaire rescue who was raised with Alfred. She came to the US in 2014.

Alfred is in a bedroom, getting used to his new digs. Gus, the newcomer is scared to death, hiding under the sofa. How do I make happy peace with this and best foster a nice intro for Alfred and Gus? I love them both.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - didn't I read in your other thread that, uh ...ok, Alfred is a cat, but isn't Gus a dog?
Oh never mind, Confy is the dog. :)

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Here is a link to P phelana 's earlier thread. This should help people find out the background to your new home and fur family situation.
How are things going so far Phelena?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phelana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking. Alfred, the Bonaire Caribbean Cat is happy and calm. I think so..he tends to stay in his little room but ventures out for short excursions to the rest of the house. He postures a bit with the established cat, rescue boy, Gus. Gus is curious for sure. Confy, Alfred's "sister" whom he lived with from 2004-2014 is chill around Alfred..they seem to get on ok again. I am trying to divide my time between the three to insure the vibe is good. Love having Alfred here for sure.

Nite nite and meow and woof woof