Introducing 4 Boy Cats

Ackermc3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
My little sister will be moving in with me in March and we have some concerns regarding our kitties. She has 2 boys and I have 2 boys. My boys are pickle (1 year at the end of the mont) and squirtle (1 year at the end of march), both are love bugs with me and my husband but can be very territorial with each other. Pickle gets territorial over his toys and squirtle tries to assert dominance by mounting Pickle and biting his neck. Pickle is often quite patient with Squirtle, but will lose his temper every so often and can make the little one cry.

My sister's boys are Thor (6 years old) and Loki (will be 5 months at the end of the month and fixed next month). Thor is a lover, not a fighter and this is the first time he has been the oldest in the house and has a little one to look after; he has taken on the role very well. Loki is very dependent on my sister and clings to her whenever she is home.

I'm worried that my boys will be mean to Thor and Loki. Obviously there will be hissing and growing, and we plan to take things very, very slowly with introductions. We thought it might help to introduce Pickle and Thor first since they are the head of their households and their little brothers do whatever they do. We plan to introduce with smells first, taking turns with each set having access to the whole house, then doing face to face intros through a window without contact. I'm not worried about my sister's cats at all, but I am worried that mine may develop behavioral issues and possibly experience a personality change. Has anyone ever had to introduce more than 2 cats before? And all of the same gender? Thank you!! Any advice helps and obviously rehoming any of them is not an option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ackermc3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to add that all of the boys are fixed, with the exception of Loki, who will be next month.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don’t have any experience with this, but I would suggest Loki be neutered before you all move in together if at all possible. Beside the possible spraying issue you might get, if they are all getting along and then Loki goes to the vet there may be a period of having to re-introduce them when he smells different after being at the vets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ackermc3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Loki will be neutered next month, before he moves in. His appointment is about 5 weeks before they all move in, so that should give ample time for his hormone levels to go down and his big brother Thor to get used to the vet smells, but those will dissipate rather quickly.