Introducing 1/11 kittens

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since I have shared any news or photos of my latest babies.

My first litter was born on November the 22nd. Unfortunately this ended in disaster and my maiden queen, Fluffy, had a whole part of her breasts sloughed and she had to have surgery. She gave birth to 3 kittens but two died and we were left with one. Fluffy was too sore to look after her baby after the surgery so one of my Nana's experienced queens has reared her.

The little darling we have left will be 7 weeks old tomorrow. Her father is a Blue Persian and her mother is my Fluffy darling. Her father was rehomed today but this little girl is currently booked for a great show home.

For those who haven't seen "Fluffy" or Double Grand Champion Captivating Sweet Escape - here she is

And here is her baby at a few weeks old

And taken just a few days ago at 6 weeks

Her eye colour is going to be stunning - and look at the nature on this little darling!

The others will be introduced when they're a bit older. This girl is currently "Captivating KissMe Thru Th Phone" Since she lives 25 mins away from me but she will be coming home in 3 weeks and I may decide to change it. I want to call a kitten "No Peeking" this year - so we shall see!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear Fluffy had such a rough time.

Remaining kitten is just gorgeous.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a stunning mom and baby. Hope they do well for you. Is the calico a van calico since you didn't show the top side of her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Sorry to hear Fluffy had such a rough time.

Remaining kitten is just gorgeous.
Fluffy did have a terrible time - it took her a long time to heal but she is doing well. She only weighs 2.8kg so I need to bulk her up.

Thanks - she looks as sweet as sugar in the pics but Nana says that she is one of those kittens who always has to be walking in front of you

Originally Posted by Catkiki

That kitten is adorable!!!! I love her coloring. Her mom is a beauty too!
Aww thank you!
Her mum is my "Princess cat"

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

What a stunning mom and baby. Hope they do well for you. Is the calico a van calico since you didn't show the top side of her?
Thanks Martice. Fluffy was my show cat this year - but the lady who currently has reserved her is such a great exhibitor and she travels a lot so the baby girl would get good exposure. Nah she's just a plain ole bicolour - my vans are in the next 2 litters!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is she a bi-colour and not a calico? Or are you referring to Fluffy? I read Martice's comment as she's asking about the baby.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Why is she a bi-colour and not a calico? Or are you referring to Fluffy? I read Martice's comment as she's asking about the baby.
Yeah I was responding about the baby - Martice asked if she was a van which she is not. We don't use the term calico in NZ so she's a Tortoiseshell Bicolour

atinsley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hehe what a cute little face, my girlfriend and I laughed the whole time I scrolled down at her crazy hair

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that Sam. Appears we don't use Calico over here either, I won't be dealing with those colours of course so never really paid attention to multi colour cats

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fluffy, had a whole part of her breasts sloughed and she had to have surgery.
I don't know what this means. Can you explain?? I'm sorry for your loss, but the kitten is adorable!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody!

Originally Posted by atinsley

Hehe what a cute little face, my girlfriend and I laughed the whole time I scrolled down at her crazy hair
It probably didn't help that she had her photos taken on a mohair blanket

Thanks for that Sam. Appears we don't use Calico over here either, I won't be dealing with those colours of course so never really paid attention to multi colour cats
That's ok. She's really a traditional bicolour - with a third white. Not the type I prefer (I like what we cal "Flashy whites" like Fluffy) but it's interesting because she's mainly red with a couple of black patches. I'll find a photo of her back.

Originally Posted by Allmycats

SWEEEET!!
Mom and baby are beautiful
Of course I agree!

Originally Posted by mbjerkness

What a cute little face she has. Momma is stunning too. Glad to hear Momma has healed , Poor sweetie
Yeah she's good now - but still got a bald belly from the surgery!

Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

I don't know what this means. Can you explain?? I'm sorry for your loss, but the kitten is adorable!
Here's a medical link - http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...y.com/sloughed briefly explaining sloughing

It's really just flesh falling off the body - I went and picked her up one day and realised I could see inside her tummy. Poor darling.

Thanks again guys! and thanks for the questions.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In some of the association they use "Tortoiseshell & White" no matter how much color vs white. Never heard of them being called Tortie Bicolor considering that bicolor means TWO colors and tortie & white would be THREE colors!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww how gorgeous they both are, so sorry for Fluffy having a rough time and for your loss of the other kittens. I hope Fluffy gets 100% soon and I am just so in love with the kitten. x

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... look at the little fluff-mop! Baby is too precious and Fluffy is gorgeous! healing for her and her problem!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by railNtrailcwgrl

She is just darling!
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

In some of the association they use "Tortoiseshell & White" no matter how much color vs white. Never heard of them being called Tortie Bicolor considering that bicolor means TWO colors and tortie & white would be THREE colors!
Take it up with my fancy I guess. Here is our standard for Persians:

http://www.nzcf.com/breeds/sop/Persian.pdf

If it doesn't go directly to the page, it's page 10. You can see in the general blurb it mentions "tri-colours" but in the standard it's Tortoiseshell Bicolour - it works for us.

Originally Posted by Ruthyb

Aww how gorgeous they both are, so sorry for Fluffy having a rough time and for your loss of the other kittens. I hope Fluffy gets 100% soon and I am just so in love with the kitten. x
Thank you!

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Awww... look at the little fluff-mop! Baby is too precious and Fluffy is gorgeous! healing for her and her problem!
Thanks for that! She is totally 100% now, almost 2 months on. Thanks!