Interesting Siamese Markings/coloring - Siamese/bengal Mix?

moosedawg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just adopted this adorable little meezer mix a couple weeks ago. His name is Munchausen von Flufferton, aka Muncherton or Mr. Munch! (It started out by calling him Munchkin because he was so little, and then evolved from there, don't ask 'cause I don't understand how my mind works at times, stuff just comes out of my mouth when I babble at my cats and it sticks, lol) :biggrin:.

I cannot get over his markings! They are SO interesting. Clearly, he has seal/chocolate points but the stripes on his legs and the creamy swirls on his side are amazing! I saw a few pictures of similar cats on the Internet that were supposedly Siamese/Bengal mix but they didn't have dark points like this little guy does, just the swirls. Oh, and he has little, caramel colored spots down his belly. Could this little guy have some Bengal in him? That would be awesome if he does! He does have BIG feet, so I'm thinking he's going to be a big'un. His feet are the same size as my two 6-month-old, black, Siamese mix boys and he's only 3-1/2 months old!

I have no background on him other than the no-kill shelter I got him from rescued him from the pound with his 2 siblings. His brother supposedly looks just like him but a bit lighter in color and his sister is pure black. Just curious if anyone else has ever seen a Siamese with markings like this, I sure haven't. My last Siamese, Catpuccino (may he RIP), was also a meezer mix but he was standard seal point. So this pattern/coloring is new to me, but VERY cool! I am absolutely smitten with him! :cloud9:

View media item 419655View media item 419656View media item 419657View media item 419658

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! Your kitty is beautiful! His coloring would be called seal pointed classic tabby. Colorpointed cats typically darken as they age, so I think if they're mixed with a tabby-patterned cat they can darken in that tabby pattern. I think it's most likely he's a old-style Siamese x Domestic Shorthair, his body shape doesn't really suggest Bengal heritage. That classic (aka bullseye aka marbled) tabby pattern can be seen in many cats (including randombred cats), not just Bengals. Mr. Munch is adorable regardless of what breeds he has in him!

Edit: fixed a typo

Last edited:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Your kitty is beautiful! His coloring would be called seal pointed classic tabby. Colorpointed cats typically darken as they age, so I think if they're mixed a tabby-patterned cat they can darken in that tabby pattern. I think it's most likely he's a old-style Siamese x Domestic Shorthair, his body shape doesn't really suggest Bengal heritage. That classic (aka bullseye aka marbled) tabby pattern can be seen in many cats (including randombred cats), not just Bengals. Mr. Munch is adorable regardless of what breeds he has in him!
:yeah:
I can add nothing else, that was a great explanation. I really see no bengal in this lovely baby, if there is any It is well hidden under th features abyeb abyeb mentioned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moosedawg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! That was my other thought too (Siamese/Domestic SH) - guess I was excited hoping for a Bengal, lol. But you're right, he is definitely a classic/old-style Siamese (which are my favorite) and does not really have the Bengal conformation. He has that distinct round little apple head. It is easy to see in him why the old-style meezers are sometimes called appleheads! Yeah, my last Meezer (Catpuccino, RIP) darkened a LOT by the time he passed at 10 years old this last April (*cry*). I'd had him since he was born, so I got to see the color transition from being born pure white to being almost fully seal colored, with lighter tan belly when he passed. It's going to be fun to see how this little guy's color changes over the years.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about you Catpucino :(
Well, now that you already have your siamese X, maybe you could consider adopting a bengal too! I know that both in USA and the UK breeders are often looking for forefr homes for their Queens and Kings, some of them as young as 1'5 years old!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moosedawg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that link. I've been looking for a Bengal too! I just could never afford one from a breeder. I prefer to rescue anyway. Those kitties need homes more! My husband's cousin used to breed them, but she stopped breeding some years ago, so can't get one from her anymore. Although, if I got another cat right now, I think my husband would absolutely kill me! :D I have 6 right now, 3 adults (2 that are 10 years old and one 14-year-old) and 3 kittens (Mr. Munch - 3 months old, and 2 black Siamese mix brothers - 6 months old, Beemer and Kosmo). So, I have quite the tribe right now. View media item 419664
Although, I had 6 before I lost 3 last year to old age, cancer, and heart disease (Pookah, black cat - 13 years, Tuxie (bottom left), tuxedo kitty and mother of Catpuccino and Finnegan (tabby at top), and my beloved Catpuccino (bottom right), 10 years, Siamese mix).View media item 419660
Last year was a bad year for me and losing kitties :bawling:. I had NO intention of getting back up to 6 again, but I really missed Catpuccino, he was so talkative and was always by my side. The house was so quiet without him. That's when I adopted Beemer and Kosmo. I only wanted one, but they were bonded litter mates, so I couldn't separate them. They filled the Siamese void and the black kitty void I had from losing Pookah, Tuxie, and Catpuccino. Then a couple weeks ago I saw Mr. Munch and couldn't resist, I really wanted another seal point and got more out of the bargain since his colors are so neat!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
these black siameses seems to have the burma-point coloration. Do they have blue eyes? Burmese point usually doensnt have.
On the other pic, there are more dark points? it is them?

If NOT, there must be quite a few of these burma-points gene floating in the gene pool around your neigbourhood.

Last edited: