Interesting LItter Box Behavior

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I introduced my cat to The World's Best Cat Litter. Since the instructions suggested not mixing WBCL (clumping) with non-clumping litter (Tidy Cats regular clay) and placing a second box filled with nothing WBCL in it next to the old litter box, I did just that. As I poured WBCL into the 2nd box (open box), my cat got nosey and immediately jumped into it and started digging. I was even happier when she got into position to do a #2. However, she then stopped, as if changing her mind, and ended up doing #2 in her regular hooded box!! I figured I'd out-smart her by switching the litter from her regular hood box to the open box, thinking she preferred the security of the hooded box. WRONG!! She used the box with the clay!! She has ventured into the box with WBCL cos I see evidence of moved litter from her walking around in there. It's only been 24 hours so I know I need to give her time to adjust to the new litter (if she ever does). I just think it's weird she actually got into position to use the new litter but at the last moment she hopped into the regular clay and completed her business there!!