Interesting Article

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I am trying to catch up on my e-mails and found this very interesting article sent out by Catster a few days ago. I really liked it's premise and thought I would share. Lately I feel like there has been a little too much anti-breeder attitude over here in the breeder's corner and I think it's worth viewing. 

I come from a shelter/foster background but I am grateful that TCS has given me the chance to know several very passionate, knowledgeable, and ethical breeders. I hope this article can remind us all to have respect for those who choose to breed responsibly and/or who choose to have a purebred cat in their lives.

We all share a common interest and passion, and that is all that really matters in the end. 

Enjoy!

www.catster.com/lifestyle/bought-cat-buying-purebred-cats-wont-judge-you

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for posting, some people don't seem to see a difference between BYB's and responsible breeders. Or feel that people shouldn't own a pedigree just as a pet. 

There were several quotes that I liked:
But if you think rationally for a moment, you’ll realize that the problem of homeless cats is not the fault of responsible breeders -- and it is certainly not the fault of people who decide that they want to share their home with a purebred cat.
You can’t honestly think that if all the breeders on the planet suddenly disappeared, the millions of homeless cats would disappear along with them.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those were some of the quotes that most stood out to me as well. There is a huge difference between responsible breeding and backyard breeding and I thought the article nicely laid that out in a relatable manner. I think educating people on the difference as well as on the importance of spay and neuter is the critical piece. Getting rid of responsible breeders doesn't even begin to make a dent in the problem!  

Last edited: