Insurance For Cats?

catalinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I choose a plan, and then decide a few years later to switch to a different one, will anything covered under the first insurance be considered pre-existing in the second insurance and not be covered?

I'm confused as to how it works.

My cat is 2 and isn't in any plan right now and I'm not sure what factors I should consider before choosing one.

If there's anything else I should know, I'd appreciate any help. Thank you in advance!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ithink each insurance plan may be different, so you might need to ask each specific company, or carefully read their websites. In the meantime, did you do a search on TCS do see what members are saying about pet insurance n general? Here's just one thread to get you started: Pet Insurance?

You might ask your own Vet if they offer anything similar to pet insurance. Our Vet has their own program where they cover things like 3 office visits per year, vaccinations, one complete blood work-up, and a dental for one price, (and you can pay monthly), or 2 office visits, vaccinations, a smaller blood test and no dental for a lesser price, etc. The prices are much less than if you needed to do these things piecemeal throughout the year.