Instinct

mywinns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone here feed their cat Instinct kibble? Either the limited ingredient or the ultimate protein?
Should I be concerned about some of the ingredients in each of these ?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fed is best! If your cat likes it, has a good energy level, is pee and pooping normal, has bright eyes and a soft coat than this is a good food for YOUR cat.

Personally, I don't feed my cat anything with peas because two of my cats have heart conditions and peas are an unknown with how they effect hearts.

Studies are underway regarding peas and heart disease in cats. the results of the short term studies so far are mixed. I just feel better waiting to know.

That's the only ingredient I see on their dry food that causes any concern.

For me, I'd feed the one with the freeze dried pieces in it over the just kibble ones (if your cat will eat those). Overall the content of peas will be less because there's only peas in the kibble pieces.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the motto of "feed what your cat will eat". I would rather have take the risks of "so called" bad ingredients than to have my cats not eat. Obviously there are better foods with less bad ingredients but it seems like someone will take issue with just about any food out there if it's not "their choice".

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a wee bit confused.
I feed my "baby" the Instinct Limited Ingredient Rabbit canned food but there are no peas in it. (She is allergic to all the other meats except venison from Ziwipeak but you cannot open their cans without chancing getting bloody!!!)
My only "pet" peeve is that Instinct is not quality consistent. They claim they have not changed the formula, so how come in the same batch my cat will sniff and walk away and then another can from the same batch she will walk over to and sniff it and immediately give it the thumbs up?
Also certain months are taboo in our house. Forget November. Whatever they did with that batch is a no-no!
December is good and June seems okay too. They are driving me bats and my purse is dwindling from discarding the bad cans.
Why can't they stick to one formula and stop messing around?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm a wee bit confused.
I feed my "baby" the Instinct Limited Ingredient Rabbit canned food but there are no peas in it. (She is allergic to all the other meats except venison from Ziwipeak but you cannot open their cans without chancing getting bloody!!!)
My only "pet" peeve is that Instinct is not quality consistent. They claim they have not changed the formula, so how come in the same batch my cat will sniff and walk away and then another can from the same batch she will walk over to and sniff it and immediately give it the thumbs up?
Also certain months are taboo in our house. Forget November. Whatever they did with that batch is a no-no!
December is good and June seems okay too. They are driving me bats and my purse is dwindling from discarding the bad cans.
Why can't they stick to one formula and stop messing around?
Instinct dry food has peas. Not the wet :) I've fed the wet as well, though not recently.