Instinct Original Grain-free Recipe With Rabbit (dry) - Stomatitis

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! My 4-year kitty recently had several extractions due to stomatitis. Thanks to advice from askariel.com we switched him over to a canned rabbit diet (Instinct) and he's been doing well. My question is, the advice I received mentions kitties w/ stomatitis shouldn't have poultry. Instinct's Dry food is Rabbit, followed by turkey meal. Is the "meal" an allergen too? Does it contain the inflammatory agents? Now that is mouth is feeling better he's starting to eat our other cat's dry food, and I know it's not good for him. I really (really) don't want to separate their eating again if I don't have to. Our vet doesn't know much about food past what they stock (prescription diets, etc...), so hoping for help here.

thanks!
Summer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've been feeding the canned rabbit for weeks, but he's now drawn to my other cat's dry. I'm looking now at the Limited Ingredient Dry, and actually looks perfect! We'll continue the canned too, but I need to feel good about him eating dry when he wants it. Thank you!

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ziwipeak has great limited ingredient air dried foods. They have a rabbit and lamb version. It's a bit pricey but the quality is good - high protein, low carb.