Insatiable appetite and constant Diarrhea

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since I've made a post but I wanted insight.
For context, this kitten is going to the vet (again) on Monday so I am not depriving him of medical need I just wanted some second opinions and to ask the right questions when I see my vet.
He is a 3-4 month old buff tabby who seems to be constantly hungry. He was on 2 different medications (clavamox and Albom) and neither have shown any improvements. He was on probiotics, that did not help. He was cleared of worms but he will be retested Monday. He eats a mix of soft and hard food (4Health hard kitten food and blue buffalo soft kitten food). He doesn't seem to be in pain but after eating he bloats up horrendously and then has watery diarrhea. He is otherwise a friendly and active kitten.
I honestly think he is eating too much? He digs in trash to try to get morsels of food, will eat dog foot, human food, any food he can get. Besides worms (which I don't believe he has but who knows) what could this be? We love him, he is a great cat. I just want to see if anyone had similar issues with their kittens.

Attica1962

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this will help but... When I was a girl we had a cat that was always hungry and had diarrhea, we found afterwards he had a tapeworm, a huge one, from genus Taenia. That was more than 50 years ago, and cats weren't dewormed at the time, he died from malnutrition. Would a normal deworming treatment kill an adult Taenia??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this will help but... When I was a girl we had a cat that was always hungry and had diarrhea, we found afterwards he had a tapeworm, a huge one, from genus Taenia. That was more than 50 years ago, and cats weren't dewormed at the time, he died from malnutrition. Would a normal deworming treatment kill an adult Taenia??
Probably so. Our vet will definitely test for worms. When we got him he did have hookworms but the adoption agency sent us home with medication and when they took him back to check he was cleared

Mommielulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been a while since I've made a post but I wanted insight.
For context, this kitten is going to the vet (again) on Monday so I am not depriving him of medical need I just wanted some second opinions and to ask the right questions when I see my vet.
He is a 3-4 month old buff tabby who seems to be constantly hungry. He was on 2 different medications (clavamox and Albom) and neither have shown any improvements. He was on probiotics, that did not help. He was cleared of worms but he will be retested Monday. He eats a mix of soft and hard food (4Health hard kitten food and blue buffalo soft kitten food). He doesn't seem to be in pain but after eating he bloats up horrendously and then has watery diarrhea. He is otherwise a friendly and active kitten.
I honestly think he is eating too much? He digs in trash to try to get morsels of food, will eat dog foot, human food, any food he can get. Besides worms (which I don't believe he has but who knows) what could this be? We love him, he is a great cat. I just want to see if anyone had similar issues with their kittens.
Hi, my cat is having a same problem, did it get resolved?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What are you feeding her now? Has she been tested for thyroid problems or diabetes?

Mommielulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she has been tested, and for worms too negative ,but,she has been deformed 3 times anyway .she was a stray, injured and rescued.its been 6 month ,I haven't spayed her because she is so skinny but got an ok from the vet so she is getting spayed this week. She started on Stella and something,then natural balance to blu Buffalo back too natural balance and trying science diet sensitive stomach since grain free could be too irritating. She also eats chicken breast for extra protein to fill her stomach. Pumpkin ,rice
The Dr. Says she just have a sensitive stomach. But I really want her stomach to settle down and not be in a state of hyper starvation. Just wanted to know how others handles these symptoms. Thanks