Inner eyelid showing

sugarwookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll be taking the little man to the Vet this week, but I thought I'd post to see if you have any suggestions or similar occurrences. Jescoe is going on 2 years. He's eating and playing fine. I haven't seen him poop yet (since reading about Haws syndrome) to see if he has a normal stool. It's rarely more out than this, more so when he's eating, or very relaxed. He spends a lot of time out in our screened porch, which does have some weed close to the screens where he perches.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Weed is toxic to cats though the exact level isn't known. By weed I assume you mean cannabis plants? I would keep them out of his reach.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To the best of my understanding Haw's Syndrome affects both eyes, not just one. It is highly likely that something has irritated just that one eye. It is a good idea to see if you can get to the source/cause of the eye irritation and remove it, if at all possible. It is also a good idea for the vet to take a look to see if there is any kind of eye injury, such as a scratch to his cornea, for example.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weed is toxic to cats though the exact level isn't known. By weed I assume you mean cannabis plants? I would keep them out of his reach.
I think "some weed" is meant here as "a weed of unknown identifcation" vs. "some quantity of cannabis."

There could be a number of reasons why the third eyelid is showing. That both are showing makes me think it might be more environmental than an injury. In any case, only a vet can properly examine him and ask the right questions to get to the bottom of this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sugarwookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I meant weeds growing out of the ground, not the devil's lettuce ;0)

sugarwookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To the best of my understanding Haw's Syndrome affects both eyes, not just one. It is highly likely that something has irritated just that one eye. It is a good idea to see if you can get to the source/cause of the eye irritation and remove it, if at all possible. It is also a good idea for the vet to take a look to see if there is any kind of eye injury, such as a scratch to his cornea, for example.
It is both eyes.

sugarwookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, the picture I tried to attach didn't work evidently, and I'm sorry the title is misleading. It would be both of his eye lids that are showing. Sorry again, folks

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d hie thee to the vet, which is what you are doing. What lovely markings, btw.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. The third eyelids can be up due to dehydration, fever, or a number of other things. Glad he is going to the vet.

sugarwookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Vet really couldn't pinpoint anything. His blood count was good. They did a fecal and that was negative. Haws syndrome can be caused by a lot of things. He has had some creamy poo lately, so it could be a digestive issue. I'm going to try and get him on better quality food and add a probiotic. If it clears up or gets worse I'll post for folks who may show up with the same problem. It's frustrating as I hate thinking something is wrong and not knowing what to do.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Allergy? Conjunctivitis? Huh! You’d think the vet could find something. Do you like & trust your vet? Is he listless?