Injection site inflamation

ara11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not only vaccines may cause it but any injections. That’s why I avoid anything injected like antibiotics and other medications.
I haven’t found any information about this and my vet is unaware of any or such findings, if you have any source of this information, please share. In fact the Internet seems to suggest that one year Purevax is in fact the same as three year Purevax but it’s simply labeled differently. My understanding is that the injection itself may cause sarcoma and not the injected ingredients. Unless you mean any other type of cancer?
yes, you are correct. We don't know definitely if its the rabies shot . Here is the study from 2017, which seems to be the latest unfortunately: Current knowledge on feline injection-site sarcoma treatment

Feline injection-site sarcomas (FISS) are malignant skin tumours of mesenchymal origin that develop in 1–10 of every 10,000 vaccinated cats. The pathogenesis of this disease is unknown. However, the most accepted hypothesis is that a local post-vaccination (or injection) inflammatory process leads to neoplastic transformation [1]. This hypothesis is supported by histological findings of a central area of necrosis and the presence of inflammatory cells (Fig. 1a), including multinucleated giant cells (Fig. 1b), which have phagocytized a greyish-blue material consistent with the aluminium-based vaccine adjuvant in some cases [26].

FISS appear most frequently at the site of vaccinations, especially when vaccines against feline leukaemia virus (FeLV) or rabies have been used [4, 710], but the tumour may also develop after injection of various pharmaceutical substances, such as steroidal and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [8, 11, 12], lufenuron [13] and antibiotics. FISS may also develop after microchip implantation [14, 15] or as a reaction to non-absorbable surgical stitches [16]. FISS treatment is challenging because the local tumour recurrence rate ranges from 14 to 69%

ara11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not only vaccines may cause it but any injections. That’s why I avoid anything injected like antibiotics and other medications.

I haven’t found any information about this and my vet is unaware of any or such findings, if you have any source of this information, please share. In fact the Internet seems to suggest that one year Purevax is in fact the same as three year Purevax but it’s simply labeled differently. My understanding is that the injection itself may cause sarcoma and not the injected ingredients. Unless you mean any other type of cancer?
yes, you are correct. We don't know definitely if its the rabies shot . Here is the study from 2017, which seems to be the latest unfortunately: Current knowledge on feline injection-site sarcoma treatment

Feline injection-site sarcomas (FISS) are malignant skin tumours of mesenchymal origin that develop in 1–10 of every 10,000 vaccinated cats. The pathogenesis of this disease is unknown. However, the most accepted hypothesis is that a local post-vaccination (or injection) inflammatory process leads to neoplastic transformation [1]. This hypothesis is supported by histological findings of a central area of necrosis and the presence of inflammatory cells (Fig. 1a), including multinucleated giant cells (Fig. 1b), which have phagocytized a greyish-blue material consistent with the aluminium-based vaccine adjuvant in some cases [26].

FISS appear most frequently at the site of vaccinations, especially when vaccines against feline leukaemia virus (FeLV) or rabies have been used [4, 710], but the tumour may also develop after injection of various pharmaceutical substances, such as steroidal and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [8, 11, 12], lufenuron [13] and antibiotics. FISS may also develop after microchip implantation [14, 15] or as a reaction to non-absorbable surgical stitches [16]. FISS treatment is challenging because the local tumour recurrence rate ranges from 14 to 69%

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks! I meant the findings about 3 year rabies vaccine causing more cancer than 1 year rabies vaccine

ara11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise