Ingredient Changes In Fancy Feast (we Are In Canada)

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Turkey and giblets feast pate (pictures 1 and 2):
It used to be all "imported" and I just started seeing "Made in the USA" today. The first few ingredients are the same. Both have best before dates in 2020.
Differences:
1. The imported version contains potassium chloride and magnesium sulfate which are not in the USA version.
2. Tricalcium phosphate in the USA version which is more specific than calcium phosphate (could be mono-, di-, tri- ...).
3. Salt before minerals in the imported version; salt after minerals in the USA version.
[Not sure if that's because potassium chloride and magnesium sulfate are considered minerals in the USA version (therefore more "minerals")].

Tender liver and chicken feast pate (pictures 3 and 4):
I have two best before dates, one in 2019 and one in 2020.
Differences:
1. First ingredient in 2020 version is chicken broth; liver in 2019.
2. Second ingredient in 2020 version is liver; meat broth in 2019.
(Basically, they switched the first and second ingredients)
3. Fish is added in 2020 (not in 2019).
4. Potassium chloride in 2019 but not in 2020.

Personally, I think Fancy Feast is not fancy food. It has synthetic vitamin K, unnamed meat, artificial flavors etc. However, I think it's a decent food. I chose FF pate for rotation (with Whole earth farm beef and duck pate) as it's low carb. And, I think the two flavors above are the best FF (BFF?:redtongue:) as they do not contain added colors and sodium nitrate.

And, Vega doesn't mind the ingredient changes mentioned above! :lol:

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm really bummed that they added FISH to their "non fish" pates. Really bummed, actually, because one of my guys doesn't like fish...at all. And many cats actually are sensitive to fish, so they can no longer eat FF :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm really bummed that they added FISH to their "non fish" pates. Really bummed, actually, because one of my guys doesn't like fish...at all. And many cats actually are sensitive to fish, so they can no longer eat FF :sigh:
Turkey and giblets is still fish free.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Turkey and giblets is still fish free.
Yes, but my guys aren't fond of turkey. WHY they added fish to their chicken feast and beef feast is beyond me :headshake:. Plus it's very misleading for folks who don't read labels.