Purraise
Sorry

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to cut the pictures. I had PII on them.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
antibiotics may help. bring it up with the vet.show them the papers that the other vet sent you home with.

make sure they take his temperature.

yes constipation causes vomiting.

probiotics and plain canned pumpkin can help.

miralax can help.

you can also mix hot water and the vet prescribed dose of miralax into the wet food you are syringe feeding. be sure the beads dissolve before you add the water/miralax into the food. you will see it dissolve. it takes about 3 days to work BUT you can give canned pumpkin at 1/2 teaspoon this afternoon-if he doesn't like the taste=just smear it in the roof of the mouth-luckily canned pumpkin helps lots of gut issues.

slippery elm bark is another helpful tool. See what your vet thinks.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
antibiotics may help. bring it up with the vet.show them the papers that the other vet sent you home with.

make sure they take his temperature.

yes constipation causes vomiting.

probiotics and plain canned pumpkin can help.

miralax can help.

you can also mix hot water and the vet prescribed dose of miralax into the wet food you are syringe feeding. be sure the beads dissolve before you add the water/miralax into the food. you will see it dissolve. it takes about 3 days to work BUT you can give canned pumpkin at 1/2 teaspoon this afternoon-if he doesn't like the taste=just smear it in the roof of the mouth-luckily canned pumpkin helps lots of gut issues.

slippery elm bark is another helpful tool. See what your vet thinks.
They have these records. Three veterinarians plus the owner looked over them. That's why I had to pay so much for the consultation. He is not constipated, the food is not getting that far. He throws up after he eats. They checked that last Tuesday. Here's the pictures I was talking about. Please let me know what you think. I will have them check his tummy today though. At this point I am grasping anyway. He has never had a fever throughout this whole process. Odd about the bacteria? I am thinking maybe this could be the culprit?? Thanks for reading it, if someone does.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you take a screenshot of the page where the doctor wrote his note that day it is much easier to read it. I see that he mentioned that I didn't want to do a biopsy on Mukkia. Was that a mistake? God, now I am second guessing myself on everything when it comes to Mukkia's care. Maybe I should have, then maybe they could have?? I have to go get ready for the appointment. Anything else I should ask? Please, I can not think clearly. Usually, I am a logical thinker, not an emotional thinker.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the documents but unfortunately I don't know enough to comment. One thing I do want to mention is not to second guess your decisions. You made the a call based on what you knew at the time and the key factor was doing what is best for Mukkia. Let us know how the vet visit goes today, 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the first picture there is amoxicillian written down as well as famotidine which is Pepcid. he/she gave the directions of 1/4 tab of a 10mg pill. it says BID which I THINK means twice a day? Can someone chime in who knows nursing/medical short hand?

Did you try the Pepcid yet? It's in black and white here so no worries that the vet wouldn't let you take it.

I saw that they gave him Pepcid during that appointment for 3-10-2016 or at least that is the way I interpret that note..

nothing to loose at this point.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the first picture there is amoxicillian written down as well as famotidine which is Pepcid. he/she gave the directions of 1/4 tab of a 10mg pill. it says BID which I THINK means twice a day? Can someone chime in who knows nursing/medical short hand?

Did you try the Pepcid yet? It's in black and white here so no worries that the vet wouldn't let you take it.

I saw that they gave him Pepcid during that appointment for 3-10-2016 or at least that is the way I interpret that note..

Keep us posted.
I am trying to not second guess myself. I will give an update as soon as I can.

Yes, but if you look at the list of medicine given, and appointments you will see he never gave Mukkia any amoxicillin.
The doctor discontinued everything else because it was not working. He did not want to give Mukkia something that had no value to Mukkia's health. I specifically remember that he said other than this Mukkia's blood value were good. Everything has to filter through the body. He was just trying to preserve the integrity of the other organs by not giving Mukkia something that didn't work at the time. I will try to take pictures of his entire records. Unless they are on the portal now.

Now, that doesn't mean that I am opposed to the option if available now.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Keep us posted.
I just re-read the note. He wrote (" consider Amoxicillin.")
I guess he was considering that as a possibility?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes I see that now. so if you have the Pepcid can you give it? Its not going to hurt him. All it does is slow down the acid in his stomach. that could be why he vomits. you can give the Pepcid and wait an hour to feed and see if you notice a difference.

how is the peeing? How is he now? is he still growling?

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes I see that now. so if you have the Pepcid can you give it? Its not going to hurt him. All it does is slow down the acid in his stomach. that could be why he vomits. you can give the Pepcid and wait an hour to feed and see if you notice a difference.

how is the peeing? How is he now? is he still growling?
Lots of vomit.
He has not urinated, he is sleeping, ( probably from the Buprenophine ), Not growling since last night. I am running late on being ready. [emoji]128355[/emoji]
It's OK, I will be there on time. I so much appreciate your help, and everyone else who has been here with us! More than you know!

We will be back. Unless it is worse than I thought, he is coming home with me today. I have to be at peace before I can let go. . .

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
see if they can give him an injection of famotidine which is Pepcid. try Ondansetron which is Zofran. this should help a lot. those two meds will help keep comfortable. Are you comfortable doing injections? see if they will send you home with some meds and needles. then you won't have to deal with the mouth. Goof luck hon!!!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
How did it go at the vet's today?

Thinking of you and Mukkia. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to thank everyone here who has helped Mukkia and myself both times this year. It is with a very heavy and broken heart that I have to say Mukkia passed at 2:34 a.m on September 27, 2016. He fought long and hard to stay here for me. I was blessed to have him in my life, and blessed to hold him in my arms as he took his final breath on this earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.