Indoor Cat

Roya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Lexi is an old indoor cat. She has been declawed. She really likes to spend some hours outside so, I let her to be in back yard. I found there is another indoor cat living in my neighbor. Today I saw she was in my backyard with Lexi but she ran away when I went out. Two little dogs are in the next house. Dogs cant pass through the fence . Is it safe for Lexi to spend time outside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I didn't know this :( She is my first cat.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No worries! I know it is tempting to let them go outside - after all, most would like to - but there is always something out there unpredictable and most experts and vets agree that indoors is safest for them. Plus, once you start giving her a taste of the Great Outdoors, she may want out all the time! That can get to be a tough situation.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, it’s not safe for a declawed cat to be outside.

Just curious- was she declawed when you got her or did you have her declawed?

Roya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree, it’s not safe for a declawed cat to be outside.

Just curious- was she declawed when you got her or did you have her declawed?
No she was declawed when I adopted her.I had so much difficulty to made her trust on me. But now she is fine and I try to give her so much love and attention I can.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can build a catio to let her get some sunshine and a breeze. Or take her outside on a leash. But since she is declawed it really isn't safe for her to be outside without supervision.

Roya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I
You can build a catio to let her get some sunshine and a breeze. Or take her outside on a leash. But since she is declawed it really isn't safe for her to be outside without supervision.
am happy I ask this question in here otherwise Lexi may gets hurt. Thank you :)