Indoor cat agressive with ferals

jr70895

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 male 6 year old neutered cats that I keep indoors for the most part but let out a couple of times a day to roam the yard. I also feed about 6 outdoor feral cats on my porch. My indoor cats for the most part get along except for the ocassional brotherly spats.
I have one of my cats that can be agressive towards the feral cats when I let him out. He will sit above them on the porch hand rail and watch them eat. Then all of a sudden he attacks. Not sure why he does that, they never are agressive and just looking for food.
I'm thinking that I might need to move the feral feeding station off of the porch and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking that I might need to move the feral feeding station off of the porch and see if it makes a difference.
He is protecting his territory so that is a good idea. I'd also keep him in at the ferals meal times. Eventually they will fight back and it's likely to cause injuries to all. Even with your boy fully vaccinated a feral can cause life threatening injuries.