Increase Appetite

Felly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am Peggy and new to the forum. Would anyone know how to increase a cat's appetite? One of my cats Sylvester is sick, Vet did blood tests etc. and didn't give much hope. She things to 80% it is FIP, she gave us options to get more tests done, but wasn't really positive. She kinda suggested to put him to sleep. I am not giving up on him, since I see and feel that he wants to live. I pulled in a naturopath and my body talk practitioner. he is in good hands and has progressed already. The only thing, he eats really little. I tried all his favorites, cooked for him etc. looks like he is excited and wants to eat, but can't. Has anyone an idea or experienced the same/similar with their cat? Thank you in advance:)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My recommendation is get her eating with an appetite stimulant so her nutrition is one less thing to worry about. Actually, her nutrition is the most important thing because poor nutriton = poor prognosis no matter what the disease process. If you can find something more natural to stimulate her appetite, more power to you. But having gotten my own cat through pancreatitis and pre-extraction dental pain, I can tell you that bribes and enticements only go so far. There will be a point where the cat would rather starve than go through whatever pain they are being frustratingly silent about. If you do suspect there is pain, also ask your vet about pain medication. I don't think it's fair or kind to stimulate her appetite if there is unaddressed pain that's holding it back.